Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please could you clarify what style lower front bumper/lower grill is on a UK spec SW 3?

Promotional photos show the sportier lower section as shown here

However, the few UK photos I've seen seem to indicate the lower section is the same as the '2' model, as shown here

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Since posting this, I've found the answer to this on another forum.The 3 model gets the same shape lower grill as the 2 & 1 models, as shown here

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very lazy of Kia not to upgrade the lower grill to the same mesh pattern on the '3' model.

·
Registered
75 Posts
On the 3 hatchback, with the 'black bumper skirt' fitted as standard, the two grills do match.I don't think that it will be offered as an accessory over here. The rear spoiler that is shown on the Dutch KIA website is not.
When I ordered my SW3 last October the SW3 spec. on the KIA UK website listed the sporty 'black bumper skirt front & rear' as standard on the SW3, so that was what I was expecting to get. I actually phoned Kia Customer Services and emailed them pics of the CE-ED 750 car which was being shown in the motor magazines. They confirmed that that was what I would get. Rear parking sensors and privacy glass were not listed. Within a week the spec. had been changed and when mine was delivered on 16 November 09, it had rear sensors and black privacy glass, but no 'bumper skirt'.
Have a look at my comments from last year on the link below. Especially the attachments.

http://www.kia-forums.com/kia-ceed-forum/55213-anyone-upgraded-their-ceed-facelift.html

·
Registered
86 Posts
I saw a Ceed 3 hatchback yesterday and it had the matching grille sections and the same lower section as the top photo in this thread, (difficult to spot, it was a black car). It would look nice on my SW, Strange they have different fronts on the hatch 3/ SW 3. Edited by: deeps

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi. I recieved my SW3 last month (April) diesel automatic and it does have the rear sensors and black privacy glass,also'bumper skirt'. Maybe as it was a special build (had to wait to have it built) they put them on. Did not ask as it may have increased the price if I pionted it out.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
kthjac said:
Hi. I recieved my SW3 last month (April) diesel automatic and it does have the rear sensors and black privacy glass,also'bumper skirt'. Maybe as it was a special build (had to wait to have it built) they put them on. Did not ask as it may have increased the price if I pionted it out.

So yours is the same as the top photo in this thread?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Does yours also have indicators in the door mirrors?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts