Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Firstly being a newby I wanted to say Hello to everyone,and thanks forthe great topics and advice on the forums.

I'm looking for some help with my air con please though. I have recently purchased a 2005 2lt crdi sportageand have noticed that itoccasionally omits a white mist type substance from the air vents when the air con is running. This is an oderless almost steam like mist. It is however still very cold when coming out, and not wet!

I have returned the car to the garage to check the problem out to which they have told me that it is due to moist air passing over the condenser and turning to ice ! I have never witnessed this before in any other cars that I have been in.

Is this likely to be the reason, or could it be down to anything more sinister?

Thanks in anticipation of your reply's

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Its just the damp air coming in and condensing as it comes into the inside of the car. I use to get this on odd days in my Ceed and Rio and other makes and it is down to how much humidity there is in the air outside.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I'd tend to believe your garage. Are you running the aircon on recirculating air (it defaults to this at the 'max' setting)? Recirculating rather than bringing-in fresh air can have this effect.

·
Registered
27 Posts
parakite said:
I have recently purchased a 2005 2lt crdi sportageand have noticed that itoccasionally omits a white mist type substance from the air vents when the air con is running.

Hello mate.

I have the same car and same year.

Yes my car does this as well, Its the first timeI have had Air Con.

Like youI was a bit concerned and asked the Garage to check, no problem.

Its likea frosty vapor, the same sort of thing that you get when you open a freezer

at your supermarket.

Nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all for your reply's. I have to say that I am reassured now. However....
ITriedit on recirculate today though from starting and still had the mist..... Any ideas?

·
Registered
662 Posts
It takes about an hour of sealed constant running to remove all the moisture from within the cabin area so recirc does not make that much diffrence nice to have such an efficiect air con system

1 - 6 of 6 Posts