Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just bought a 2004 Picanto and it's got a sidelight bulb out. I'd like to know which bulb to buy before I go through the performance of removing the headight though!Advice welcome please, cheers, Dave.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aha! Everywhere I've looked online about it says you have to remove the headlight! It's actually the nearside one, you think I'd be able to do it without removing the unit? Also, is the 501 the normal capless bulb?Thanks, Dave.

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
this is what i put in our motors picantos and santa fehttp://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/W5W-501-1-5-WATT-BRIGHT-HIGH-POWER-LED-sidelights-car-bulbs-interior-D-/311183720145?fits=Model%3ASanta+Fe&hash=item4873febed1

When you plug them in if they do not light turn them 190 degree to change the polarity.

Edited by: BIRDMAN

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
If you change to these LEDs you will need to change both sides.If yo only want to replace blown one you will need a standard 501 capless bulb.

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
If you have standard bulb one side that will look orange colour compared to the bright white Led one

·
Registered
764 Posts
Those LED bulbs are pretty hopeless as side lights...

I'd only use them for the number plate lights, light output is pathetic...

·
Registered
764 Posts
Put LED's in the fog lights of our Hyundai Entourage (KIA Sedona/Grand Carnival) they certainly light up the unit but actual light output is useless compared to the original bulbs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOZS0q6qTLo

I just got fed up changing the bloody bulbs and thought this would be a potentially more reliable option..great if you don't want to see anything of course...

Edited by: gtd2000

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi - my daughter has a 2011 plate Picanto Strike (essentially first generation first facelift) 1.1 petrol.

Her MOT is due on Thursday and we've just noticed the nearside sidelight bulb (501) is out. As some will know the sidelight is located below the headlight.

I opened the bonnet and things are tight in there! I'm not sure I can get my mitts down below the headlight fitting to access the sidelight but I see someone has commented it's possible to replace without removing the whole headlight assembly.

Advice gratefully received - TIA!

AC

1 - 15 of 15 Posts