Kia Owners Club Forum banner
41 - 60 of 90 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,389 Posts
This is my 1st KIA.
Ordered GT LineS HEV in All flame Blue.
Didn’t think the additional black roof was worth the extra £150, after all the car comes with Tinted panoramic roof.
( Have my Doubts about the gloss black roof and trims. I was worried that after some time and a few washes, that there would be circular micro scratches after washes)

Have been seeing a lot of new cars on the road as i have been trying to spot a new sportage and noticed alot of other manufacturers have 2 tone colours too. Seems like the 2022-2023 colour trend nowadays.

@KraSH I don’t think there is free traffic updates and as far as I am aware no speed camera alerts.
In some EU countries it is illegal to use a sat nav with speed camera alerts (France) so I’m not sure if you would get this function.

However we do have AppleCar Play and Android Auto to use Waze, which should cover all your needs.
Having had a Stonic with a Black roof. Never again. Black absorbs heat. So makes the car very hot on sunny days.

Head unit comes with traffic monitoring & speed camera warnings. You just need to activate them in the settings. Connect ensure you get the latest live data.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I currently have a Fiery Red Sportage MY20, I have grown to like the colour, it does shine up really well and even when it gets dirty it still looks shiney,just like the Fiery Red model featured in the header of the forum page... mind you I am a "keep car clean" freak, I use all Autoglym products throughout and can say I am impressed with them.
I actually paid for the paint when new as the free option was to me that undesirable brown after requesting a Fusion White and being told by Arnold Clark there was no whites available unless i waited 12 weeks, or i could have a Fiery Red within 2 weeks! (who had an abundance of Fiery Red Sportage`s at the time), i opted for the Fiery Red this time on my 2022 model but was offered a Fusion White at a discounted price as they had a cancelled order and instead of waiting 12-16 weeks from ordering (22-02-2022) the Sportage would be here within 4 weeks......that date was 22-03-2022 and still no vehicle, although I have had an update since to say it will be here 01-04-2022..somehow i think that may be a joke

Staying on topic..Fusion White was finally ordered for me on this occasion

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Having had a Stonic with a Black roof. Never again. Black absorbs heat. So makes the car very hot on sunny days.

Head unit comes with traffic monitoring & speed camera warnings. You just need to activate them in the settings. Connect ensure you get the latest live data.
The GT LINE S comes with a black roof no option to remove it I have asked as I would prefer roof same colour as the car.
Great news about the traffic updates and speed cameras

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
The GT LINE S comes with a black roof no option to remove it I have asked as I would prefer roof same colour as the car.
Great news about the traffic updates and speed cameras
The black roof is £150 extra.... the GT Line S is fitted with a panoramic roof, so the amount of black paint would be minimal around the sunroof! That's why we chose full Infra Red.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
The black roof is £150 extra.... the GT Line S is fitted with a panoramic roof, so the amount of black paint would be minimal around the sunroof! That's why we chose full Infra Red.
Yes the side bars along the roof would be black choosing the £150 option but the less black the better so those side bars in my case would be penta metal. I wish the GT LINE S didn't come with a sunroof but it is what it is my 1st car ever having 1

·
Registered
On Order: Sportage GT Line S PHEV in Infra Red
196 Posts
On the GT Line S as standard the roof rails are black as is the panoramic roof which stretches from the windscreen to the boot it appears in photos, but what little remains off the roof is body coloured. That's basically the top section of the side panels only as far as I can see.

Images below borrowed from autotrader and are a GT Line S without a black roof.

Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Car Automotive tire

Vehicle Hood Automotive design Car Automotive lighting

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting

In this case there is so little silver remaining anyway I am not certain the black roof option for £150 is actually worth it!

·
Registered
on order GTs hybrid 4wd
300 Posts
Yes the side bars along the roof would be black choosing the £150 option but the less black the better so those side bars in my case would be penta metal. I wish the GT LINE S didn't come with a sunroof but it is what it is my 1st car ever having 1
I dislike black myself given the choice I would have gone for the 4 which has body coloured mirror caps which I think look more upmarket, I've never understood why some people want to black everything out.

I'm not sure but I think the 4 might have chrome type roof rails like my present Tiguan which look class to me.
Only went for the GTS to get 4wd.

·
Registered
On Order: GT-Line S PHEV Dark Penta Metal (Ordered 11/03/22. Expected by July 2022)
43 Posts
I dislike black myself given the choice I would have gone for the 4 which has body coloured mirror caps which I think look more upmarket, I've never understood why some people want to black everything out.

I'm not sure but I think the 4 might have chrome type roof rails like my present Tiguan which look class to me.
The spec says that the rails are black on the GT, 4 and GTS. Silver on the others.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·

I agree not sure why black is being chosen. I would have preferred same coloured door mirrors. Shame you can't add or change any options with kia

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
On the GT Line S as standard the roof rails are black as is the panoramic roof which stretches from the windscreen to the boot it appears in photos, but what little remains off the roof is body coloured. That's basically the top section of the side panels only as far as I can see.

Images below borrowed from autotrader and are a GT Line S without a black roof.

View attachment 14844
View attachment 14845
View attachment 14843

In this case there is so little silver remaining anyway I am not certain the black roof option for £150 is actually worth it!
100% my feelings no point paying that when the roof is already black. Least the spoiler and side roof will be same colour as the car

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
This is Orange Fusion
My feeling is that the soundtrack matches.... :(

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi

As the title says which colour did people go for? I usually go for silver cars as they are easy to maintain and hide scratches.

Though I am torn between the lunar silver and the penta metal colour.

Decisions decisions.... 🤔🤔
I debated which colour to go for as I was between the Orange, white, silver and the Penta Metal. I opted for the Penta Metal as it was available in England so I jumped at the chance and personally I'm chuffed I went for it, I feel the features makes it look meaner however the gloss black detailing doesn't stand out as much. I do think it looks totally different in sunlight as it makes it look more of a matte grey effect. I did actually see the orange fusion in the flesh last week and felt it had a red'ish tinge to it.
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
I debated which colour to go for as I was between the Orange, white, silver and the Penta Metal. I opted for the Penta Metal as it was available in England so I jumped at the chance and personally I'm chuffed I went for it, I feel the features makes it look meaner however the gloss black detailing doesn't stand out as much. I do think it looks totally different in sunlight as it makes it look more of a matte grey effect. I did actually see the orange fusion in the flesh last week and felt it had a red'ish tinge to it.
View attachment 14933
Looks great. I agree the black doesn't stand out as much but in a way I starting to prefer that. I have ordered the penta metal colour zbd I think I'm going to stick with it.
The colour is a mystery as in it can look almost as a black colour yet as you say in direct sun it looks a dark grey. When I saw one at the dealers it looked a dark grey but not to dark as was sunny yet in youtube vids it looks so much darker.
Hoping as its a dark colour that swirls and scratches don't show so obviously

·
Registered
38 Posts
Looks great. I agree the black doesn't stand out as much but in a way I starting to prefer that. I have ordered the penta metal colour zbd I think I'm going to stick with it.
The colour is a mystery as in it can look almost as a black colour yet as you say in direct sun it looks a dark grey. When I saw one at the dealers it looked a dark grey but not to dark as was sunny yet in youtube vids it looks so much darker.
Hoping as its a dark colour that swirls and scratches don't show so obviously
I actually love the colour!! As you say it adds a bit of mystery to the car yet it’s totally different in direct sunlight again. I think the colour and the black detailing makes it look proper mean.
I use meguiars detailing products on the car and you can get scratch remover stuff from them which seems to work a treat.

·
Registered
On order (17th Feb): 2022 Sportage GT-Line S HEV in Penta Grey with black roof.
130 Posts
The car I test drove was a Penta Grey with a black roof, and although the dealer had several other colours the Penta was the one I liked best.

Reactions: Scott191
41 - 60 of 90 Posts