Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 19 of 33 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

As the title says which colour did people go for? I usually go for silver cars as they are easy to maintain and hide scratches.

Though I am torn between the lunar silver and the penta metal colour.

Decisions decisions.... 馃馃

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited by Moderator)
My last 5 cars have been silver as it looks clean a lot longer than other colours, but having seen two to me the Sportage just doesn't look right in silver.

So decided on the infra red, red is my favourite colour anyway and seems (to my eyes) to suit the Sportage better.
As a bonus its free and just puts the hybrid AWD version under the 拢40K list price for luxury tax reasons, so that around another 拢1,675 saving over 6 years.
Indeed silver looks clean even when not been washed for a while. Your right I test drove a silver sportage and it didn't wow me as previous cars. Dark penta metal colour looks good worried about it showing scratches/marks and dirt to easily.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We have the Pental and I may have made a mistake, I feel the black trims don't show up as much due to the dark pental. Contrast looks much better... personal opinion
I have just ordered a pental sportage now I'm thinking of maybe changing the colour. I have had white and silver cars before but not sure what to change it to

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yep i ordred silver did want the pental but as you say i thought the dark pental and black roof would not stand out as well had test drive in silver and looked good the silver is not bright has a sort of tint of grey or blue to it i think.
Agree I test drove the silver and it kinda looks strange in the light kinda like an off grey colour and again when I went to the dealers today it doesn't look true silver

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We have had 3 solid white Sporty's, before our Lunar silver, and much prefer the white.
To e honest, living down country lanes, whatever colour soon shows, but the silver has looked worse sooner.
It also shows up scratches far more than white.
Looking at the new Sporty we liked the Flame Blue, the Green was "different" but we felt it not bold enough to make a statement. No more silver, penta grey didn't appeal.
We liked the Infra Red, and as no extra, went for that.
We decided against a black roof as we have travelled to our apartment in Spain over the last 15 years and white reflects, black absorbs heat, and as ours has a panoramic roof, there's not much that isn't black anyway :)
As it is, we've now accepted an offer, so selling up in Spain :(
Roof colour no longer a problem
My last car was white and once scratched really showed through. I live in the country side and car is constantly filthy lol. I have ordered today the pental grey but now im thinking I should of gone for something else AAAAHHHHHH

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
We got the Penta in our launch edition & its a deep dark grey totally different to the Lunar silver Gen 4 Sporty we had before
How do you find it? The dealer showed me a penta car that was just got off the transporter (some1 ordered car) and it looked not that dark grey tbh. But in YouTube vids almost looks black

Registered
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I have the lunar silver. It is more of a a bluey grey silver but I love it. My previous 2 Sportage were both the bronze. i didn鈥檛 like the bronze on offer this time so went for the silver.
I would normally pick silver everytime due to the easy maintenance but once I saw it on my test drive as you say in certain light it looked off like a bluish strange tint not true silver.

This is my 1st kia I know going off topic but do you get like 3 years sat nav traffic updates and speed camera alerts with the car?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
We like the colour its not as black as my phantom black Xceed in the background
View attachment 14826
Very nice. Def looks alot lighter then in videos and pictures. One I saw outside the dealers was nice as the light was hitting it and your picture also confirms not as dark as I am panicking over lol. Normally stay away from dark coloured cars. (owned 1 black car and hated it showed up every little mark)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
This is my 1st KIA.
Ordered GT LineS HEV in All flame Blue.
Didn鈥檛 think the additional black roof was worth the extra 拢150, after all the car comes with Tinted panoramic roof.
( Have my Doubts about the gloss black roof and trims. I was worried that after some time and a few washes, that there would be circular micro scratches after washes)

Have been seeing a lot of new cars on the road as i have been trying to spot a new sportage and noticed alot of other manufacturers have 2 tone colours too. Seems like the 2022-2023 colour trend nowadays.

@KraSH I don鈥檛 think there is free traffic updates and as far as I am aware no speed camera alerts.
In some EU countries it is illegal to use a sat nav with speed camera alerts (France) so I鈥檓 not sure if you would get this function.

However we do have AppleCar Play and Android Auto to use Waze, which should cover all your needs.
Hi

The more I watch vids of the blue the more I like it. I also not keen on the black wheel arches and rear black trim under the boot it will def scratch and mark easily (def after a wash).

Agree I didn't go for the black roof option although at the dealers they said the car still has a black roof just the spoiler and side roof lines won't be black. The less black the better tbh. Im sure the sat nav must come with traffic updates and speed cameras I assume that's what the kia evo is for?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Infra Red here in my GT Line S PHEV order.

It was the free choice, though it helped me pick because I couldn't decide between Red, Blue or Green so the fact that Red was at least 拢700 cheaper won my vote!
Alot of people going with red as its the free standard colour makes sense. I always been told that red colour fades after few years

Registered
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
It looks like that鈥檚 right. The brochure includes this in the In Car Services section:

Your free seven-year Kia Connect (UVO), once activated, enable a number of connected services in your Kia.

Online navigation
Your navigation system uses live and historical traffic information to recommend the best route and dynamically predict the most accurate arrival time. You can also get alerted to speed cameras on your way.
Fantastic much better then it's rivals

1 - 19 of 33 Posts