Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
on order GTs hybrid 4wd
423 Posts
My last 5 cars have been silver as it looks clean a lot longer than other colours, but having seen two to me the Sportage just doesn't look right in silver.

So decided on the infra red, red is my favourite colour anyway and seems (to my eyes) to suit the Sportage better.
As a bonus its free and just puts the hybrid AWD version under the £40K list price for luxury tax reasons, so that around another £1,675 saving over 6 years.

·
Registered
on order GTs hybrid 4wd
423 Posts
Alot of people going with red as its the free standard colour makes sense. I always been told that red colour fades after few years
Maybe a long time ago I had two red Primeras on one the plastic red bumpers changed colour, on the other the red mirror case faded.
But on the other hand I had a red Carina just before them and it had no fading at all.

Paint finishers have improved since those days...

·
Registered
on order GTs hybrid 4wd
423 Posts
Yes the side bars along the roof would be black choosing the £150 option but the less black the better so those side bars in my case would be penta metal. I wish the GT LINE S didn't come with a sunroof but it is what it is my 1st car ever having 1
I dislike black myself given the choice I would have gone for the 4 which has body coloured mirror caps which I think look more upmarket, I've never understood why some people want to black everything out.

I'm not sure but I think the 4 might have chrome type roof rails like my present Tiguan which look class to me.
Only went for the GTS to get 4wd.

·
Registered
on order GTs hybrid 4wd
423 Posts
Oh Dear, Oh Dear !

I once went o buy a 2nd hand BMW but walked away as the previous owner had plastered it with "M" badges. Each to their own I'm guessing.
My Tiguan has 4motion on the back but won't have any problems selling it. Just the opposite IME.

·
Registered
on order GTs hybrid 4wd
423 Posts
Maybe your right but in my opinion it always makes me wonder if its been owned by a 17yr old boy racer and just looks plain daft.
A boy racer in a Sportage, are you having a laugh, more likely an old man or a woman?
Boy racers lower cars and add go faster stripes, and fit wider wheels?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts