Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
KIA Niro 2020 HEV - DynamicPlusLine
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my 2020 HEV and I can see in the Infotainment that it has UVO already activated.
And I haven't installed anything yet on my phone. After reading some articles, I just got confused on which app to install.

I use Android and searched "Kia" on Play Store, it came up with this two apps (see below).
So, which app should I install? The reviews on those apps are terrible!

Font Screenshot Sky Darkness Brand

·
Registered
68 Posts
I think both mods above are in error here.
If you have UVO installed then use the UVO Connect app.
[*Only compatible with cars equipped with UVO. Please look for UVO settings in your navigation screen.
Kia Connect app
[*Only compatible with cars equipped with Kia Connect. Please look for Kia Connect settings in your navigation screen.

·
Registered
Niro DL, 2020, UVO
133 Posts
After the last update in my Niro the app UVO is gone and KIA Connect now available, so iPhone on KIA Connect and Niro too.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts

Kia Connect app
I can’t speak for others but the latest update converted my UVO app on the Head Unit to Kia Connect, but regardless of that I had previously followed the above instructions from Kia without a problem.

Kia Xceed 4, 1.5 DCT MY20

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
@ Alanw47 The update removed UVO from the head unit? that's interesting. The update is working OK for me so I don't think I will be removing the UVO app from my phone yet in case it screws up something.
Not so much removed it as changed it to Kia Connect. At the end of the update process I had to log in to the new app and it was business as normal. Visually the only difference is that the 4 bars signal strength indicator on the top right of the screen now says Kia and not UVO.

·
Super Moderator
9,437 Posts

Kia Connect app
This is the APP you need to use as per link below. Note the instructions to remove the old app (y)
It has the new Kia Logo (y)

Font Electric blue Logo Brand Graphics

·
Registered
68 Posts
This is the APP you need to use as per link below. Note the instructions to remove the old app (y)
It has the new Kia Logo (y)
I read the link some time ago, however if you read the info on both apps on googleplay, it clearly says only install if you have the corresponding app installed in the car.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
So did you then install the Kia Connect app on your phone or had you already installed it prior to the update?
I had followed the advice from Kia, already deleted the UVO app from my phone and installed the Kia Connect app, no problems encountered. Then the recent update changed the app on my Head Unit. None of the problems I have encountered with the update are related to UVO or Connect.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yes I read that advice too from Kia but as I mentioned above the app download from googleplay says different. I also see that the most recent update of Kia Connect is Oct 18th, the UVO latest version is Oct 22 !! Go figure......

·
Super Moderator
9,437 Posts
Yes I read that advice too from Kia but as I mentioned above the app download from googleplay says different. I also see that the most recent update of Kia Connect is Oct 18th, the UVO latest version is Oct 22 !! Go figure......
Latest head unit updates has changed to show Kia Connect. Apart from 1st splash screen which still say UVO.

Go with the new logo one & delete the old one off your phone.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Thanks, but until I get a problem I will stick with what works for me ;)
If Kia are advising to change to the new App, and to delete the old one, why not just do it?
As far as I can see all you have proven is that Google haven't caught up with the latest information, which isn't that unusual.

Reactions: Alanw47

·
Registered
68 Posts
If Kia are advising to change to the new App, and to delete the old one, why not just do it?
As far as I can see all you have proven is that Google haven't caught up with the latest information, which isn't that unusual.
The information on the app page that says "only install if you have UVO installed" doesn't come from Google. Besides, if Kia is saying install Kia Connect why is the latest version date of the app UVO?
The point is everything is working for me so in view of the current update fiasco I won't be changing the phone app anytime soon.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Proceed CD GT Line 1.4 T GDI
107 Posts
Uvo/Connect...neither are (or have been) installed on my Kia (Ireland)...guess I'll just get the popcorn out and see what occurs with others..

• Haha
Reactions: Llanigraham
1 - 20 of 28 Posts