Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our windscreen jets have packed up!

I finally got around to try and fix it and I was trying to follow the tubing in the bonnet back to the pump but the tubing dissappears into or around a wheel arch?
Is the pump hidden or am I blind and cant see for looking?

Our Carens is Y reg, we have had it since May and so far it has not been a bad car apart but it is quirky especially all the controls being in the wrong place or reversed left & right side!

·
Registered
120 Posts
I don't know for sure but I'd hazard a guess that it's attached to the bottom of the tank, most are on modern cars. I'd lift the tank out if I were you, and that's most likely where you'll find it. Incidentally, the controls aren't the wrong way around for a rhdcar....drive anything British built up to the late 70's and you'll find most cars had the indicator stalk on the right of the column. It's because the Koreans drive on the left as we do that their cars are built from the start as rhd cars, whereasEuropean imports are oflhd origin and have the controls to suit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, Like you, I'm looking for where the blockage in my washer is. Did you get a reply to yours which helped you fix it?
Regards

Len

·
Registered
2 Posts
It is in front of the driver's side front wheel on the outer side of the bottle. You need to remove the plastic inner wing and the wheel for access then you can see how it fitssimple lever it out. Once you've done this and can see how it fits you can get at it next time just by loosening the bottom bit of plastic and slipping your hand in - you will almost certainly graze your wrists/back of hand and get wet. If the motor whizzes then it'll be gunge so clean it off then flush the bottle with loads of water to make sure there's no gunge left, that way you won't have to remove it a second time like I did!

Cheers Dodger

·
Registered
536 Posts
I love how on the main page it cuts the thread title to "where do they hide the windscreen" made me chuckle....Hope you get sorted Pacific. I have one of thoes squidgy clear bottles you use to transfer nitro fuel from the bottle to RC cars. There brilliant for draining fluids in tight spaces, deep bottles and for filling with fresh water to blow out blocked pipes & tubes. You can really get some pressure from them with a good squeeze. £5 max from most RC/Model shops and can be used for lots of things.
Might be worth giving one ago if its a blockage...plus you can empty the sludge from the bottom of the washer bottle with a long enough endEdited by: RichieD76

1 - 6 of 6 Posts