Kia Owners Club Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

Registered
Kia Sportage 1.6 GDi Level 3
Discussion Starter #41
Thanks again Kia.... I (we) would appreciate it very much if you could also keep this thread updated with any developments ...good or bad, Regards....
Yeh..... Finally picked up my new Sportage GDi 1.6 Level 3 yesterday.... If I had known that I'd need a degree in AI technology to set up the Radio/Mapping I'd have spent more time during lockdown 2 reading up via Google. 馃槀馃槀. Or might just ask my grandson to pop over and help me!. If anyone can tell me how to view the Radio stations I have saved to Favourites it would be much appreciated. Take care everyone 馃憦

Registered
Hope you enjoy the car after the wait, no good asking me, I would condemned to driving in silence, I don't even own an i phone ha ha, enjoy.

Registered
Yeh..... Finally picked up my new Sportage GDi 1.6 Level 3 yesterday.... If I had known that I'd need a degree in AI technology to set up the Radio/Mapping I'd have spent more time during lockdown 2 reading up via Google. 馃槀馃槀. Or might just ask my grandson to pop over and help me!. If anyone can tell me how to view the Radio stations I have saved to Favourites it would be much appreciated. Take care everyone 馃憦
On the dash underneath the display is a row of buttons, Press the Radio button. The display then changes to Radio mode and the screen displays a touch button called Favourites.

Registered
Is anyone else still waiting for a Sportage?

I ordered the Sportage 1.6 diesel MHEV 鈥楪T Line S鈥 AWD DCT Auto in at the start of September 2020.

I was contacted in early November 2020 and told delivery would be that month.

The dealership then went very quiet, with no updates until I contacted the Director of Sales and Marketing in late December.

It was only then I was told about the potential problem registering the vehicle due to emissions/WLTP.

Is there any movement in the process as we are now heading towards mid January?

Incidentally, the dealer did say my vehicle would now by a 2021.5 model or something 鈥 I hope it still has the same spec as I ordered! The Kia website seems totally out of date with regard to model specs.

Registered
Is anyone else still waiting for a Sportage?

I ordered the Sportage 1.6 diesel MHEV 鈥楪T Line S鈥 AWD DCT Auto in at the start of September 2020.

I was contacted in early November 2020 and told delivery would be that month.

The dealership then went very quiet, with no updates until I contacted the Director of Sales and Marketing in late December.

It was only then I was told about the potential problem registering the vehicle due to emissions/WLTP.

Is there any movement in the process as we are now heading towards mid January?

Incidentally, the dealer did say my vehicle would now by a 2021.5 model or something 鈥 I hope it still has the same spec as I ordered! The Kia website seems totally out of date with regard to model specs.
Have a look at the reply on page 2 of this thread, it may answer your question.
To those affected by approval delays,

On behalf of Kia Motors UK we would like to apologise for the delay in delivery of your new car. Unfortunately for reasons outside of our direct control we are not able to release your new vehicle for registration at this stage.

This delay is due to completion of the certification process for all new vehicles. All new vehicles are required to complete the world harmonized light-duty vehicles test procedure, known as WLTP. Unfortunately there is a backlog of work at the testing centres, in part the result of restrictions relating to Covid-19, and as a result it is taking longer than anticipated to be able to confirm the results.

We will provide updates via the Kia dealer network as soon as possible and remain optimistic that we will be able to start to release some new vehicles affected by this in December. Given the uncertainties over the exact dates and since this remains outside of our direct control we are advising our dealer partners and customers that registration may not be possible until early January, and so to plan for delivery in the New Year.

Please accept our apologies for the delay, disappointment and frustration resulting from this issue.

Kind regards

Kia UK

Registered
Thanks Mr macspot.

I had read that. However:

We will provide updates via the Kia dealer network as soon as possible and remain optimistic that we will be able to start to release some new vehicles affected by this in December.
My Kia dealer is saying Kia have not provided any updates, particularly regarding the Sportage.

Am not sure whther or not this is true, hence enquiring here.

Registered
The WLTP in some cases is resulting in a higher VED banding, not sure what it was/is prior to and post the WLTP for your model. it may be worth checking if the data is avail, if it's of any concern that is. Fingers crossed it's stayed the same.

Registered
Hi

Please visit Owner's Manual for your infotainment web manual. [This manual is only applicable to the latest generation 10.25" touchscreen for the benefit of other visitors to this thread].

We hope you enjoy the car.

KCS

Registered
Thanks Mr macspot.

I had read that. However:

My Kia dealer is saying Kia have not provided any updates, particularly regarding the Sportage.

Am not sure whther or not this is true, hence enquiring here.
Hi

We can confirm that since our reply on page 2, some variants of Sportage have been released whilst some have given us additional challenges. We still hope to release the remainder over the next few weeks.

Thanks for your patience.

KCS

Registered
Hi

We can confirm that since our reply on page 2, some variants of Sportage have been released whilst some have given us additional challenges. We still hope to release the remainder over the next few weeks.

Thanks for your patience.

KCS
Is there changes to the emissions data such that it would affect the VED banding ?

Registered
The WLTP in some cases is resulting in a higher VED banding, not sure what it was/is prior to and post the WLTP for your model. it may be worth checking if the data is avail, if it's of any concern that is. Fingers crossed it's stayed the same.
Since April 01 2017 there have been no VED bands for new registrations other than the one you pay as part of the OTR price and since its part of the price you never see it. For year 2 onward there is a flat rate for diesels, petrols, PHEV's and EV's, simple as that. Only complication is for cars costing over 拢40000 OTR retail (less the ist year VED) you pay an extra 拢350 a year for the first 6 years.

Registered
Since April 01 2017 there have been no VED bands for new registrations other than the one you pay as part of the OTR price and since its part of the price you never see it. For year 2 onward there is a flat rate for diesels, petrols, PHEV's and EV's, simple as that. Only complication is for cars costing over 拢40000 OTR retail (less the ist year VED) you pay an extra 拢350 a year for the first 6 years.
Your lucky then, (in a way I mean depending if that system is less or more than here) here on the IOM just the MY21 model (with it's improved emissions but retested and given a higher g/mile rating they have gone up at least one band), but here you don't have that first one off payment or luxury tax (over 40k) or what ever they call it, when I checked a Picanto the 2020 was 拢71 117g/mile the MY21 is 拢153 128g/mile even with the increased pressure injection, reducing it to 4 seats and other improvements claimed by Kia on the Gdi. Be interesting to see the difference from the UK to here on a few models. I know as I run old stuff here and used to there that here at 30 years it's a flat 拢25 for any private vehicle, there it's 40 years then it's zero VED and no MOT (we don't have MOT here at all for private vehicle of any age) here they are to introduce VED on EV's should have been last year but not sure what happened there tbh as I don't have one. Motorbikes are 拢25 across the board. The same system applies here as the UK re running fuels like used veg oil you can run 2500ltrs per year without having to pay any fuel duty. So it looks like no advantage to buying a lower emission car in the UK bar the first year, it was getting silly with all the bands, bit of a sickner if you buy a model that used to be really low VED prior to 2017 mind but a real boost for the polluting end, appears to fly in te face of the policies of the last 10 years, mind you so does giving a scrappage scheme to promote Diesels in 2009 then attacking the same folk a few years later, here the bands for the polluters go up to 拢658 per year.

Registered
I used to love the banded VED system, it saved us a fortune over the 10 years we benefited. BMW 拢30 a year, Seat Leon 拢30 a year, Nissan Note 拢0 a year, Skoda 1.4 TSi 150 PS 拢30 a year. The Kia we had did not benefit since it was the SW version, the hatch did. Currently paying 拢150 a year for the petrol Fabia and 拢140 year for the PHEV Superb (they knock a tenner off).

Registered
The old banded system was too good to last. I was amazed how long it lasted as the Treasury would have hated it. Still I pay 拢30 on my Piccanto but am caught onut by my old Mondeo petrol 2L at 拢305. Winners and losers but generally losers when tax is concernd. Due to the low mileage covered nowadays these cars are not worth replacing by some expensive depreciating new one that would cost a lot to service. (I do my own again once out of warranty)

41 - 54 of 54 Posts