Kia Owners Club Forum banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,516 Posts
I spotted that before. But New rules will take effect on 1 January 2021.

So would think that any cars sold pre that date would not be effected.

I think Ford have bought some credits of Volvo to allow them to sell more ICE cars to meet the 2021 targets.
So it appears that manufactures are going to not be able to produce/sell ICE cars in the numbers the public want to buy. Just to meet a target.
Which thanks to covid we now have much better air quality.
So much better that Leeds has actually scrapped the charging emission zone. £28 million spent on ANPR & computer systems all for nothing.
Leading to exactly the issue they are facing now. Rushing out Hybrids & finding they have major issues. Like Ford Kuga Hybrid, BMX/Mini and others.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm still waiting as well, made the order of my Picanto GT-Line S towards the start of September, with expected delivery early october. I emailed my dealership on monday but I havent heard anything back. I assume that they are still held up in emissions standards, it's getting a little silly now i have to say.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm still waiting as well, made the order of my Picanto GT-Line S towards the start of September, with expected delivery early october. I emailed my dealership on monday but I havent heard anything back. I assume that they are still held up in emissions standards, it's getting a little silly now i have to say.
Does not bode well for me then. I placed my order at the end of October believing delivery was going to be around mid- late November. I’ll be very luck if I see it before 2021.

·
Super Moderator
3,516 Posts
Can't see why this one would fall under emissions, as daughter has had hers for over 2 years with the 1.0 turbo engine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Can't see why this one would fall under emissions, as daughter has had hers for over 2 years with the 1.0 turbo engine.
It's what my dealership initially told me. It's awaiting EU emmisions aproval. Though I'm not sure that is really the case. I've attempted to get in contact with my dealership but I haven't got any information back as yet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi all,

There are a few new specifications that have presented approval problems. Please be assured we're trying to accelerate the process as much as possible and our supply chain remains open once the cars have approval for registration.

Kia Customer Service
0333 202 2990

Visit www.kia.co.uk
Join in www.facebook.com/kiamotorsuk
Enjoy www.youtube.com/kiamotorsuk
Follow us @KiaUK on twitter

Call centre opening hours:

Monday to Friday - 8:30am - 7pm
Saturday: 9am - 1pm
Sunday: Closed
Hi Kia
just spoken to my dealership for an update. They have said that they very much doubt that I will get my Sportage this year, which means (depending when delivered) it could be three months or more before I could see my car. If your retail prices drop in the New Year could I expect to see the price I was quoted also drop? Would seem very unfair if I ended up paying more. Any updates you have on the delays you are experiencing would be very much appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
3,516 Posts
Hi Kia
just spoken to my dealership for an update. They have said that they very much doubt that I will get my Sportage this year, which means (depending when delivered) it could be three months or more before I could see my car. If your retail prices drop in the New Year could I expect to see the price I was quoted also drop? Would seem very unfair if I ended up paying more. Any updates you have on the delays you are experiencing would be very much appreciated.
I see & hear this a lot, but while you are looking to see if Kia will drop the price to you if they do drop their prices. Would you be happy to pay more if they increased them?

Normally, when signing to buy a car the price is as you signed for at the time.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Hi Kia
Prices will go up marginally in the new year but you'll be paying the figure already agreed in your contract of sale. We'll follow with our latest update.

KCS

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
To those affected by approval delays,

On behalf of Kia Motors UK we would like to apologise for the delay in delivery of your new car. Unfortunately for reasons outside of our direct control we are not able to release your new vehicle for registration at this stage.

This delay is due to completion of the certification process for all new vehicles. All new vehicles are required to complete the world harmonized light-duty vehicles test procedure, known as WLTP. Unfortunately there is a backlog of work at the testing centres, in part the result of restrictions relating to Covid-19, and as a result it is taking longer than anticipated to be able to confirm the results.

We will provide updates via the Kia dealer network as soon as possible and remain optimistic that we will be able to start to release some new vehicles affected by this in December. Given the uncertainties over the exact dates and since this remains outside of our direct control we are advising our dealer partners and customers that registration may not be possible until early January, and so to plan for delivery in the New Year.

Please accept our apologies for the delay, disappointment and frustration resulting from this issue.

Kind regards

Kia UK

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well looks like I'm one of the lucky ones, though I did order it at the start of September and must have been towards the front of the queue. I picked up my Picanto gt-line s last night and so far I love it. 120 miles on the clock now 😅

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well looks like I'm one of the lucky ones, though I did order it at the start of September and must have been towards the front of the queue. I picked up my Picanto gt-line s last night and so far I love it. 120 miles on the clock now 😅

View attachment 8578

View attachment 8578
[ Congratulations..an early Christmas present. How long was it from when your dealership contacted you and actually picking up your car ? I’ve not heard anything yet, so looks like it (hopefully) will be a New Years present.

·
Registered
199 Posts
it was a week exactly between being contacted by my dealer and when i picked the car up

Hi Teags, can you confirm the new my21 facelift compared to the "out going GT line S" now only has 4 seats, non metal pedals and no sunroof ? We are looking at the specs as trying to order one !!!! Congrats on receiving yours mind :)

·
Registered
199 Posts
The emissions requirement has changed, but KIA have altered to injection to a Higher injection pressure and removed the rear centre seat by the looks allegedly all to meet the newer requirements, don't quote me it's noteasy to get to the bottom of this tbh.

·
Registered
10 Posts
its got no sunroof and only 4 seats. I cant remember about the pedals, i'll have to check for you. it's got fake exhaust at the back as well, but it still manages to sound sporty.

·
Registered
199 Posts
its got no sunroof and only 4 seats. I cant remember about the pedals, i'll have to check for you. it's got fake exhaust at the back as well, but it still manages to sound sporty.
So have you been blasting around the past 2 days ?

21 - 40 of 54 Posts