Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Sportage 1.6 GDi Level 3
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have placed an order with a local dealership for a Sportage GDi ISP 3. I've been told that although the car is now in the UK it cannot be released until KIA have shown/proved that it complies with the 'new' UK emissions. Does anyone from Kia know how long this might take? I am happy to wait, but as the car is in the UK it's like waiting for Christmas Day to open your present.

·
Super Moderator
3,518 Posts
Would be interested to know what these "New UK emissions" are?

Or is this one of the Mhev cars?

·
Registered
766 Posts
Would be interested to know what these "New UK emissions" are?
Euro 6d replaces Euro 6d temp in January 2021. But as before new and updated specs will need to comply before that final date.

For the record as the name suggests they are European regs and apply across the EU. Even after January 2021 when we will probably crash out of the EU (thanks to the idiot Boris) they will still apply in the UK simply because no manufacturer is going to make cars with unique engines specifically for the small (compared to the rest of Europe) UK market.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm in the same boat, well off the boat and waiting in customs. I placed an order for a new picanto gt-line s in September and I'm still waiting for it. Was hoping that I would have it before a new lockdown happened but that wasnt the case. Hung up on the emissions standards as well atm, I hope they are sorted soon, I'm done waiting.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Must vary on spec, colour ect, and whether in UK or still being shipped. My brother in law got his new model picanto last Wednesday, 10 days from ordering.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Must vary on spec, colour ect, and whether in UK or still being shipped. My brother in law got his new model picanto last Wednesday, 10 days from ordering.
Apparently it's to do with the new 1.0l t-gdi. Did he get one with the turbo 1l?

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Just phoned him and his is not the t gdi

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Hi all,

There are a few new specifications that have presented approval problems. Please be assured we're trying to accelerate the process as much as possible and our supply chain remains open once the cars have approval for registration.

Kia Customer Service
0333 202 2990

Visit www.kia.co.uk
Join in www.facebook.com/kiamotorsuk
Enjoy www.youtube.com/kiamotorsuk
Follow us @KiaUK on twitter

Call centre opening hours:

Monday to Friday - 8:30am - 7pm
Saturday: 9am - 1pm
Sunday: Closed

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi all,

There are a few new specifications that have presented approval problems. Please be assured we're trying to accelerate the process as much as possible and our supply chain remains open once the cars have approval for registration.

Kia Customer Service
0333 202 2990

Visit www.kia.co.uk
Join in www.facebook.com/kiamotorsuk
Enjoy www.youtube.com/kiamotorsuk
Follow us @KiaUK on twitter

Call centre opening hours:

Monday to Friday - 8:30am - 7pm
Saturday: 9am - 1pm
Sunday: Closed
Thanks for your comments Kia, are you able to say if this will be days or weeks before the new specifications receive approval? It is frustrating to know the cars we’ve ordered are in the UK but just out of our reach.

Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm not really expecting to hear anything until December to be honest. Though i really hope i have it before the Christmas period, it will make life much easier.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Euro 6d replaces Euro 6d temp in January 2021. But as before new and updated specs will need to comply before that final date.

For the record as the name suggests they are European regs and apply across the EU. Even after January 2021 when we will probably crash out of the EU (thanks to the idiot Boris) they will still apply in the UK simply because no manufacturer is going to make cars with unique engines specifically for the small (compared to the rest of Europe) UK market.
Rather the idiot Boris than the dangerous idiots Trump and his cohort!

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Thanks for your comments Kia, are you able to say if this will be days or weeks before the new specifications receive approval? It is frustrating to know the cars we’ve ordered are in the UK but just out of our reach.

Thanks

Realistically, this could take a few weeks. We don't wish to give incorrect expectations. Please stay in touch with your dealer and they should be flexible if you're about to trade in with them.

KCS

·
Registered
9 Posts
Realistically, this could take a few weeks. We don't wish to give incorrect expectations. Please stay in touch with your dealer and they should be flexible if you're about to trade in with them.

KCS
Thanks again Kia.... I (we) would appreciate it very much if you could also keep this thread updated with any developments ...good or bad, Regards....

·
Super Moderator
3,518 Posts
I do not think this is KCS related, as they deal with warranty side. More to do with Kia UK.
But this is the 2nd issue this year (New 1.0 Picanto) not being on the insurance list.
So have Kia UK furloughed staff that should have been dealing with these issues?

·
Registered
10 Posts
so i may not be reading this correctly but this is saying that vehicles need to on average output less that 95g/100km looking at the Kia website i can see that all Picanto's are putting out more than this 95g/100km. The base model Picanto outputs 110g/100km where as the 1l t-GDI puts out 125-129 according to the specification sheet. I looked at some other competitors such as the Toyota Aygo and I can see that it too outputs more than the 95g/100km.

I may be interpreting the data wrong or am looking at the wrong stuff here tbh, it just seems as if no new cars bar electric vehicles would actually pass these regulations. This doesn't seem to make sense to me TBH.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Is it not that the mix of cars a manufacturer sells must not exceed the limit if averaged over the total number sold? Thus any EVs will have the effect of cancelling out or reducing the effect on emissions of other models in the range.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts