Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Filled your tank up.

Just realised that my last trip to petrol station was 16 March and I still have 3/4 left. Daughter is not doing so well, but she does have to go to work as normal. But her MPG has improved as so little traffic, although she has reported that in the last week it has picked up a lot.
As well as a lot of road works going on.

·
Registered
210 Posts
24th April,had to drive over to the gliding club to check our glider for evidence of mice activity (meeces found in hangar),drove past Shell Filling Station - saw that it was 0.99p for UL (we were driving our 'other' veehicle - 2005 Suzi Vitara) and we dived in to fill 'er up.
Fortunately no evidence of any activity by Mickey or Minnie in our a/c so just had to cover her up and kiss goodbye for now.We had been trying to finish off our glider annual inspection when restrictions started,our inspector is over 70 so he could not get back to complete the final inspection after we had put the wings back on.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Took delivery of a new Sportage March 10th, drove it home from York a distance of 40 miles, was ill the following week so didn't use the car then the country went onto lockdown. So here we are 3 May, nearly 2 months after taking delivery and I have 52 miles on the clock. As we llive within waling distance of a Morrisons store don't even need to use the car for shopping. Apart from driving the car in and out or the garage to ensure the battery is not flat and to rotate the wheels into a different position so its not standing on the same spots on the tyres that's all the car has done. By the end of the year I'll be lucky to have done 100 miles if restriction stay in place.

·
Super Moderator
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Apart from driving the car in and out or the garage to ensure the battery is not flat and to rotate the wheels into a different position so its not standing on the same spots on the tyres that's all the car has done.
If that is ll you are doing, then you stand more chance of a flat battery. You are taking more out of the battery, than is ever going to be put back in.
Aside on the tyres. Think how long it was stood in one place before you got it.

Just enjoy the car when we are out of lock down in the next couple of weeks. :eek: ?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Middle of March, still have 3/4 of a tank left. Petrol cost 96.7p per litre. Such a bargain I took the FiL's picanto back and filled that too. Since then the price has gone down to 95.7p!

·
Registered
821 Posts
I snuck out three weeks ago to fill the tank to take advantage of much cheapness on the Tesco forecourt. Paid £1.04 per litre. Wish I'd waited now as I've not been anywhere beyond the local Coop since........ :rolleyes:

·
Registered
665 Posts
I'm a key worker, so still using fuel - although not as much as usual, given the lack of personal miles.
My biggest 'problem' just now is choosing which car of three to take, to try and keep them all running and not seizing up.
The sensible choice would be the Picanto, given that it sips fuel and isn't bound to a mileage restriction like the others.
But I can't bring myself to drive it every day. :D
TBH the least favourite is the Sportage, I've got a real issue with driving such a big car with only me in it.(n)
It's by far the least fuel efficient car too, it's awful on fuel!

·
Super Moderator
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just put some fuel in the Stonic. Before it creeps over a quid a ltr again.. 😂

29/05/2020Miles 201.00Litres 22.001MPG 41.53

Last fill up 16 March

·
Registered
700 Posts
Just put some fuel in the Stonic. Before it creeps over a quid a ltr again.. 😂

29/05/2020Miles 201.00Litres 22.001MPG 41.53

Last fill up 16 March
And here was me thinking I've hardly been doing any miles, 283 since 19th March. In my defence most of it was local provisions, although we did go wild this week once I knew it was okay to travel 260 miles to exercise, we visited our favourite garden centre. I have succumbed and filled up, only because the price is creeping up again.
P.S. I was joking about the 260 miles bit ;)

·
Registered
142 Posts
We are living with my in laws at the moment. They are 86 and 88 and so shielding. However to try and ward off the cabin fever we have been putting them in the car with the windows up and A/C on and taking them out for a drive to see the fields and trees. A couple of hours tootling around the country lanes, 50 miles max. Not sure whether it is breaking the lockdown or not. We don't get out of the car or even park anywhere. They enjoy the views. So we have been keeping the car topped up. last week, 20 litres at 97.8p per litre. At 80 mpg we are not using much fuel.

·
Super Moderator
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
And here was me thinking I've hardly been doing any miles, 283 since 19th March. In my defence most of it was local provisions, although we did go wild this week once I knew it was okay to travel 260 miles to exercise, we visited our favourite garden centre. I have succumbed and filled up, only because the price is creeping up again.
P.S. I was joking about the 260 miles bit ;)
Thankfully we have a Morrisons about a mile away.
So I would walk the dogs, back home & then walk to supermarket. Was very naughty, as often walked the dogs again in the evening. Well we do have 2 so they need the walks...
Managed about 50K walking each week in lockdown.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I went into my garage today and got greeted with a voice from Sporty "hello stranger, not seen you in a while,what do you want", thats so true, nearly 10 weeks and put the key in the ignition, let the dashlights light up and turned the key,it burst into life straight away no problem!

I noted I filled up the tank on 01st March, obviously it`s still full but the price i paid then was £1.30 per litre..if only I waited until today to fill up I would have saved a few £`s!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts