Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
I've having the same problem. Just got told 6weeks but no firm date. So I can only assume every 6weeks? I'm waiting on a proceed 4 and gladly walk to the factory if I could have it sooner!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Dealers are learning fast, some of them are putting false customer orders on to have vehicles sitting in the yard when customers come to view. It can be hard to sell a vehicle if you dont even have a demo for test driving
Some people do want their vehicles within a week and wont buy with the current waitng lists.

Edited by: Grenadekid

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Tim22325 said:
Does anyone know how often KIA delivers to the uk, I am hoping for a sportage sometime in October but have been told no firm date until they are in the uk

Cheers

Have you considered using a broker? You pay them a fee and they find a car for you.

That is what my wife did. Even after paying the fee the car came in at over £3k under list. Assuming all goes well, when she picks it up next week, the whole process will have taken less than three weeks. The downside is that the car can turn up anywhere. Her car is in Yorkshire and we are in the south midlands.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Be careful with some brokers, some keep the log books as they register them as a business lease, all well and good but with the fragile state of things at present they could go under and creditors will come for the car!
KIA have stopped dealers doing hookey sales, and charge them a fair whack to change the name against a 'sold order' car, it damages availability as some dealers hog all the sought after models leaving genuine customers waiting.

·
Registered
536 Posts
On my order/deposit form I have a date for early oct as delivery date. But yet I'm having to wait till the 2nd week on November??? Why?

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
murphwiz said:
Be careful with some brokers, some keep the log books as they register them as a business lease, all well and good but with the fragile state of things at present they could go under and creditors will come for the car!
KIA have stopped dealers doing hookey sales, and charge them a fair whack to change the name against a 'sold order' car, it damages availability as some dealers hog all the sought after models leaving genuine customers waiting.

Any creditors will be disappointed. The log book only records the registered keeper and not the legal owner. It makes this absolutely clear on the front of the V5C.

Vehicle registration document

·
Registered
536 Posts
belgrave said:
No mystery - it is because Kia have overestimated their ability to produce the number of units that have been purchased.

Well i have 6weekson wednesdayuntill my current car needs an MOT and the insurance renewing so they may underestimate me asking for my deposit back and going elsewere! I'm not going to spend time and money on a car i'm not going to keep. Being in the building trade and winter nearing money gets tight and i cant afford the upkeep of my old car along with paying for a new one. As petty as it sounds.Edited by: RichieD76

·
Registered
140 Posts
Doesn't sound petty to me - I've just ordered a second Sportage that I'm told will be available in May 2012 - I don't believe them on the date so at least I won't be disappointed if it doesn't arrive on time !!

·
Registered
49 Posts
RichieD76 said:
belgrave said:
No mystery - it is because Kia have overestimated their ability to produce the number of units that have been purchased.

Well i have 6weekson wednesdayuntill my current car needs an MOT and the insurance renewing so they may underestimate me asking for my deposit back and going elsewere! I'm not going to spend time and money on a car i'm not going to keep. Being in the building trade and winter nearing money gets tight and i cant afford the upkeep of my old car along with paying for a new one. As petty as it sounds.

RichieD, my order was confirmed in Feb and was told June/july and I am still waiting with no sign, due to a number of reasons andhad the same problem as you MOT and Insurance were due on 1st August.

To be fair my dealer has been good and said i can have mydepositback whenever i want, but i don't want it i want the car. I would just ask them if you can have it back they seam quite reasonable from the stories i have seen on here

Re buying through an agent. I have done this and did my homework to check the company out (plus my brother works for them) so it can work and can be so much cheaper, but defo make sure you use the right company as they are sharks out there.

·
Registered
536 Posts
The really REALLY annoying thing is that we actually test drove the actual car we were buying. Brand new 28miles on the clock, white KIA proceed 4...but it was being pinched by another dealer and was being sent over to them the next day. If I'm going to wait months for a car I missed by a few hours I will be mad. Maybe best to start looking around just incase hey? I think the problem is even more exaggerated by the fact the sales man hasn't informed me of a date. Just "6 weeks" .....called back for a date and got...."about 6weeks" so a fortnights past but it's still 6weeks. What an inpatient person I am. You guys have got the patience of saints and I feel for you. Fingers crossed your cars won't be as long as you've been told

·
Registered
536 Posts
Are all KIA models build in Slovenia? I don't remember if it was just the ceed lineage. Either way I can understand the wait a little, even though 6 weeks is pushing it, but what I can't undestand is the lack of knowledge as to when the cars will be in the uk. I seam to remember when I brought my passat I had an email the day after I ordered with a tracking number which if I rang the dealer they could tell me exactly where it was. Yes KIA has a good factory and models list but they need to integrate with the dealers a little better Edited by: RichieD76

·
Registered
536 Posts
Slovakia...Slovenia...Estonia...there all Starlins back gardens :) actually then you look at the logistics of cars from Slovakia it's horrendous. Land locked. All the way around the med or if you go north you've a equally as laborious journey. No wonder it's 6weeks!. Edited by: RichieD76

1 - 20 of 158 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.