Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand that early in the life of the Venga, Kia made some changes - when were these? If I was looking to buy a used Venga what reg is the revised Venga? Any way of telling from pictures if it's the latest version?

Many thanks for any pointers.

·
Registered
660 Posts
The MY12 version has the indicator repeaters on the wingmirrors,thats the first telltale,I got mine which i believe was one of the first, on 23rd DEc 2011.
Anything before that im not sure.
James.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Just don't buy one with the 1.4crdi unit, they don't work properly. The 1.6 petrolauto & 1.4 petrol drink fuel faster than a 40 tonne truck. The only one which seems towork ok for the minute is the 1.6 crdi, though you can only get this in the 3 model which is circa £17,000 buy a Polo blue motion instead.

From experience, John

·
Administrator
7,652 Posts
Hi John,
I have the 1.6 auto and disagree that it drinks like a fish. Of course its not as economical as a diesel, but the venga has a much better mpg then my old Vauxhall Aguila auto and astra auto.
Paul

·
Administrator
7,652 Posts
Forgot to day sorry....the onboard computer says my average mpg is about 40ish. As my wife only has an auto licence we have to have an auto....then again, with such good diesel mpg figures attainable now perhaps I sould trade in my wife and get a diesel..think of the money I would save on fuel...and clothes..and new hats...and perfume...and new curtains...and...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@JLB - I have a Skoda Fabia 1.2TSI 105bhp DSG at present and get low to mid 30 mpg - would you say the 1.6 auto Venga is worse than that?

·
Administrator
7,652 Posts
Hi JLB,
The Venga has better mpg then that. The Vauxhall Aguila 1.2 gave low to mid 30s...my onboard venga puter says average 39 to 41.
Paul

·
Registered
95 Posts
My 1.4crdi is turning into a nightmare & customer services is about as much use as a chocolate fireguard. Its mpg is now only around 40mpg & I have since test drove the other models at a different dealership & another 1.4crdi locally with similar results. My 136000 mile 1.9dci laguna was getting 40 mpg around town & 50+ on a run.

John

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.