Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

just picked up my 71 plate sportage and the for some reason the track selecting buttons on the steering wheel work backwards on car play/spotify to my 68 plate

is this the new normal or is that wrong?

·
Super Moderator
3,410 Posts
Using Android Auto, I can't work out what it does on Spotify, I have a free account and it goes to an advert when I try forward/back. But on the Musicolet app, playing music from the phones SD card, push up goes forward to the next track, pull down goes back to the previous track. That is also how it works on radio stations saved in favourites and on my USB connected Fiio media player.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Using Android Auto, I can't work out what it does on Spotify, I have a free account and it goes to an advert when I try forward/back. But on the Musicolet app, playing music from the phones SD card, push up goes forward to the next track, pull down goes back to the previous track. That is also how it works on radio stations saved in favourites and on my USB connected Fiio media player.
This is very interesting! I do wonder if they have wired up the wheel wrong then…..as my previous was the same as yours now. I assume its a 21/71 plate you have?

·
Super Moderator
3,410 Posts
This is very interesting! I do wonder if they have wired up the wheel wrong then…..as my previous was the same as yours now. I assume its a 21/71 plate you have?
No my car is a 2020 GT-Line. I am surprised nobody else has reported this. Have you tried adding some music files to a USB and see which way it switches?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.