Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
19 reg
Just a quick question.
I need to get two new front tyres, plus I 'think' I might need the Power steering aligned.
I don't want top get the trees done at kia.
Will it invalidate my warranty if I have the power steering done at the same place I get my tyres.
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Will it invalidate my warranty if I have the power steering done at the same place I get my tyres.
I can't see why. Some of these tyre depots have really good, state-of-the-art equipment and do lots of alignment work. Moreover, steering checks don't form part of any service so KIA workshop staff probably don't get to use alignment tools as often as the tyre depot people.

·
Registered
Sportage 4 T-gdi
385 Posts
Is that 'Forest tyre centre' where you can't see the wood for the tyres? :)
I'm guessing prehensile text selection there! ;)

Reactions: Indalo

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Took it down, it's just the tracking needs sorting, one new tyre on the front drivers side (which I knew we would need) and a screw I picked up flippin yesterday! on the rear.
They are doing the repair for free, plus we are getting discount because my wife works for the NHS
Got it booked in tomorrow.
They lent me one of their pumps just to get the pressure back up on the tyre with the screw in, in the mean time, but I'm not using it anyway, as I'm off this week.
They were recommended to us from a family run garage we always take our Yaris too.
Penarth tyres, Cardiff.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Unless I have misread your post.
Would not like to just replace front one tyre...
I am having the front driver side tyre replaced, there's hardly any tread on the edge, so needs doing.
The tracking is out causing this, and the car is pulling to the left.
We were about to book the car in to get this done, when I picked up a screw in the rear wheel yesterday evening. so now I need that plugged as well.
Sods law.

Just another edit.
I asked about the power steering, just incase it was this, as I didn't want to get therefor them to say it is this this, and not the tracking, and then lose my warranty.
But all's well obviously.

·
Registered
MY21 Stonic GT-Line S ISG MHEV iMT - sw220211 - map14.47.48.631.401.5
581 Posts
Wheel alignment can only be performed together with ADAS alignment equipment. A few of us were going to get it done at quikfit but we’re told that they weren’t equipped.
does you car have a front radar and camera?

·
Registered
MY21 Stonic GT-Line S ISG MHEV iMT - sw220211 - map14.47.48.631.401.5
581 Posts
Yes to the camera etc, and the tyre place does the tracking by laser.
I understand and I agree it should be ok but they all say that with front camera and radar you need to align those too every time you align the wheels. Don’t ask me why but Hunter does not certify the work otherwise. If you don’t get any errors though that’s ok.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Never underestimate the effects of all of the modern safety systems on what have previously been quite simple jobs.

One of my daughter's had a random windscreen crack on a Volvo XC90. Only 4k miles at the time and it was sitting on the drive.

New screen fit turned out to be quite a job as it required recalibration of all cameras, other sensors and geometry checks once the various components had been reattached to the new screen.

·
Registered
2018 sportage ISG4 1.6tdci
63 Posts
Wheel alignment can only be performed together with ADAS alignment equipment. A few of us were going to get it done at quikfit but we’re told that they weren’t equipped.
does you car have a front radar and camera?
I heard this too, and the local tyre centres shouldn't do tracking on cars with ADAS,indeed my local kwikfit! National and ATS will not do it. Mine has cameras all over. Does anyone know of any centres that will track these types of cars, or should it be the dealer??

1 - 15 of 15 Posts