Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all most people never check lol but was just wondering what we are all getting out of our picantos these days due to the current rip off fuel prices ! ! :( I'm currently getting about 35 mpg max I think :/ and paying 130.0 a ltr down here .
It's that bad I'm running on standard fuel not super :( and put petrol treatment every time I fill .
Oh and what's the maximum millage you've had out of a tank ? I've had 315 and didn't wanna risk anymore miles lol

Looking fwd to see what your all getting out of yours

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just averaged 45mpg which is usual

Last winter was getting 32-35 using morrisons petrol now keep away from supermarket fuel.

John

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well since stopping my wife using tesco we get 42mpg instead of 40 in our diesel Volvo.

We noticed this year and last year on our holidays we got over 50 becuase we were having to use esso/bp etc.

To be honest done more short journeys last xmas in the cold weather but even with the cold we have now get no less than 42- the average over the 2 years i have owned mine is 45mpg

Also don't be affraid to use the gears on banks etc....the other day i nearly smashed into the back off a 2 litre vectra near my home - must have still been in 5th or 6th (I had changed down to 4th just before the bank which helps me keep to 50-55mph.

John

·
Registered
4 Posts
when i first got it back in May i was getting 49mpg

checked the last tank and i'm currently getting 42mpg! but i have been a driving with a heavy foot :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
The best we ever got was 39 mpg. we thought this was seriously wrong and got the kia dealers to have a look and said that there wasnt anything wrong.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Got a brand newPicanto Auto 18 months ago.
Mostly I do local runs to the shops and school with a few longish trips (200 miles) a year.

Getting 42 to a gallon.

It's no rocketship,any of my previous Metros would leave it for dead but it's surprisingly comfortable and quietto drive. I'm impressed with the build quality too.

My only nag is no spare wheel.

Does anyone know of a compatible spare from another manufacturer.

I have 14 inch alloys as it's the 'Red' 2009 version.

·
Registered
21 Posts
This is the price for low co2

our volvo diesel gets crap mpg also

sorry to be so negative but if you do low mailage dont worry....most people that seem to complain about new cars compared it to there old cars are in the same boat - check out truck forums same thing there....euro 5 (low co2) equals low mpg - seems strange that burning more fuel to reduce co2 actually work, another european bit crap.

John

·
Registered
20 Posts
I own a petrol07 Astra 1.6 sxi vvt. I'm averaging 41mpg over the last 600 miles (combined/mixed driving). I used to own an Hyundai i20. Only averaged 40mpg mixed, from that one. Was disappointed by the i20. Considering the highly boasted mpg figures from Hyundai. I never got anywhere near them, not a fast driver either.

·
Registered
22 Posts
got a 57 plate Picanto GS never had less than 45 mpg, normally around 48/52 mpg if I stick to about 56mph

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have Picanto Strike Auto 2009.2200 on the clock, used only for short local trips.

I do 25 MPG. This is not a joke, 25 only, I went to the dealer to have it checked and they said there is nothing wrong.

Does anyone else experience this low mpg ?

·
Registered
662 Posts
2200 miles in 3 years the fuels probably evaporated short trips will kill the economy to get a more realistic figure brim the car get on the motorway drive at 60 mph for at least 30 miles then brim again and work out the figure you should get around the 43 mpg fig

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Guys

I have a 1.1 SE on an 05 plate,and easily get well above 45MPG especialy on long runs, it has over 98K on the clock so its well run in !!!

Rich
Edited by: ninjaboy

·
Registered
3 Posts
I also have a 10 years old Mercedes A-Class, 2000 cc, 125 hp, with a faulty transmission clutch (I think about 20% of the engine power is lost, revving in empty), and I drive it very hard, and I do more mpg with it, about 35 mph

·
Registered
3 Posts
Me neither to be honest, I do not know what to do, the car is still in warranty and the dealer said there nothing wrong with it, yet I fill the tank, drive for about 160 miles (during a could of week or so, not in one trip) and then the fuel light is on, I go to the station and put in about 30 litres, this is how I calculate the mpg.. maybe I do my math wrong ?

1 - 20 of 80 Posts