Kia Owners Club Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Out of interest, where did you get it remapped and how much did it cost? How much of a noticeable difference has it made?
I emailed Celtic Tuning enitially, and they said 140 was the best they could do. I had also emailed my local garage who do remaps, and they said 150. In total it was £300 but my god does it make a difference. My co-worker has the 2019 1.4 Turbo Blue Edition Ceed and the Rio absolutely smashed it in the quarter mile down the runway at our local airport. Admittedly, past 80 it slows in acceleration, but in the real world you wouldn't be doing that anyways ;)

So in sum, well worth it. Although, I reckon if you did it to a standard 1.0 turbo 99hp rio, you'd feel a massive difference, and shock people at how quick it is, especially seeing as a standard rio hasn't got any special aesthetics like the gt-line. Plus, you'd get a full 50hp as opposed to 40hp, so its better value for money. Well recommended.

Reactions: Vartel

·
Registered
11 Posts
2017 (17) 1.0 TGDI

Did a 91.9 mile trip from Stoke up to Cumbria on the M6, stuck to about 57mph apart from 50mph roadworks and got 74.6mpg the highest I hit was 80, but then encountered a long hill. I had to quit the run when nature called and it topped at the 74.6.

It's equating my 2013 1.4 diesel Rio for mpg. Very happy.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
I also have a 1.0 t-gdi 118bhp Kia Rio... av = 38mpg. On a run av = 41mpg. I also drive smoothly and light footed. Expected more mpg!!!
Ah! Maybe that's because you're honest. If you decided to be boastful and a liar, I'll bet you could easily achieve 70+ mpg.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts