Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't get it:

if you get a more premium spec, you can't have the smaller screen = can't have wireless connectivity, but you have a wireless charger.

I am really puzzled by this - why can't the big screen have wireless connectivity? Is this a design overlook or what?

Super Moderator
Wireless charger has nothing to do with Wireless AA or ACP. That is a hardware (on older units) & a software issue on newer (2020, maybe some 2019) units.

Which car can you not have wireless AA/ACP on high spec but you can on lower spec?

All 2021 Picanto's are wireless AA/ACP.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Which car can you not have wireless AA/ACP on high spec but you can on lower spec?
It's the proceed GT. The FL is coming, but I was told by the dealer, that the big screen (initially, the only option with the 1.6 engine) won't have wireless connectivity. This is very frustrating.

Australian market has the same thing - 2022 Kia Cerato can't connect wirelessly on upper specs.

I know that wireless charging has nothing to do it. It's simply useless, if you have to plug in for AA/ACP.

It's ridiculous, that freaking picantos can connect wirelessly. I'd personally pay a grand extra to have wireless AA/ACP, or just simply go for the smaller screen, but I can't do any of those.

Super Moderator
If it is the 10.25 screen with UVO (Gen 5), then it will be able to upgrade the software at some point (poss this year in UK) which will give you wireless AA or ACP. As the hardware is already there.

As much as I want wireless AA, I will wait for the update. My cable is always connected to car, so it is a case of just connecting cable to phone and off it goes. Mrs phone is on wireless charger.
Even with wireless you are going to have to put phone on the pad most of the time to ensure it gets charged.

Super Moderator
I was told, that the wireless will never be the option, but maybe the dealers don't know enough about the proceed MY2022.
Sadly sales staff can not know the in's & outs of every car they sell.
I spoke to one from the dealers I bought my car from to ask about software updates. He actually said he was the previous owner of my car and was really up on his tech.
Yet did not know that updating the maps also updated the software on 10.25 head units from Type 1 to Type 2...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If it is the 10.25 screen with UVO (Gen 5), then it will be able to upgrade the software at some point (poss this year in UK) which will give you wireless AA or ACP. As the hardware is already there.

As much as I want wireless AA, I will wait for the update. My cable is always connected to car, so it is a case of just connecting cable to phone and off it goes. Mrs phone is on wireless charger.
Even with wireless you are going to have to put phone on the pad most of the time to ensure it gets charged.
Well I sure hope so. That's what I wanna do - always keep it on the charging pad for the longer trips and I want a clean look, no cables on sight.

Super Moderator
I use a 6" cable with a 90 deg at each end so it is well out of sight.& added a little shelf at the top to store phone on as it will not sit at the bottom with cable connected. (too big) As well as Mrs needs the charging pad.

Registered
I found that my car has UVO yesterday. I had never heard of it and had no clue what it was.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts