Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<div ="msg">
My daughter is thinking of getting a Sportage not a new one but a
second hand one . Not the latest model but one about 2008 ush.
Now whats the best model to go for in 2 wheel drive and diesel.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Well, I'll reply even though I know nothing about the Sportage. Also, I don't have a diesel... Other than that - tell her to get a Cee'd 58 like mine

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ha ha thanks David. Yeh the Ceed's a good car but she's after a Sportage. But hey thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Now that I'm not driving my Sportage I can respond (1226 miles this week without any drama).
First, try to go for 08 or later and confirm that the 7 year warranty applies (it kicked-in in 2008)...it is well worth it.

Secondly, there are generally 3 trim levels available (plus the odd special): XE, XS & Titan. The price differential tends to narrow as the cars become older. I drive the XE and the only thing I miss is heated mirrors - otherwise I'm quite happy with the plain cloth trim and the lack of gadgets which means less to go wrong. But even the XE is well specified with alloys, aircon ('manual'), electric windows all round, height adjutable driver's seat & steering etc. If she wants leather, climate control & heated seats etc then go for a Titan. Just a couple more things though in the XE's favour, in my opinion it rides better than the others because it is on 16 inch wheels with 65 profile tyres and it doesn't have the dreaded privacy glass.

Last question is 'why does she want one?' If it is for towing, go down the 4x4 route. If it is for space take a look at the Carens. If it is 'lifestyle' then it doesn't matter what it is as long as it looks right.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers Blow-in, It's not for towing. I think she just likes the look of it and the long warranty. She's got 3kids and a hubby so its to accomodate them too.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Hi Dave I agree with blow-in, as you can see I have the 2 wheel drive auto, which I find does the job for me, good ground clearence, ideal on rough dirt roads, have no need for towing, and with a set of winter tyres on it seemed to cope with all the bad weather we had last year.

Bob

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think it will be the 2WD version that she would go for. Thanks guys for your input

1 - 8 of 8 Posts