Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In all walks of life, people have different opinions. Some will like the Soul, others will hate it - let's face it, it is a bit different

Mine has been called several things, I wonder what your car has been called.

Pope - mobil, quite apt really considering the colour and timed with his UK visit
Postman Pat van
Lunchbox - that was my son

What comments have you had?

·
Registered
276 Posts
I ridiculed the Soul ayear or twoago then went to the local Peaugeot/Skoda/Kia dealer about 3 months ago looking for a 207/308 then seen the Soul in the flesh and just wanted one. Took a while to convince the wife but after a test drive in a "2", she came around. My new Tempest CRDI Auto will be mine in 34 days.

·
Registered
183 Posts
My wife retired as a Paramedic last year, since having our Soul Shaker, she has been getting stick for not letting go of work, and driving round in her own " Ambulance". The colour and tinted windows don't help!!!

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
really darent type what my Tempest gets called at work...... one guy hates it with an almost pathelogical hatred......and this coming from a Mazda 2 driver!!!!. Some others acknowledge its a nice car, but would never buy a Kia.....and the others think its great and it has earned the nickname of "Baby Hummer"

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Nat,Reminds me of an SD1 Rover I had many years ago, in White, amazing how many people slowed down when I was driving. Looked like a police car especialy with a couple of cb ariels on the roof

·
Registered
92 Posts
Anyone who calls your Soul as a Postman Pat van, has yet to see a Nissan Cube.

At work I have had nearly all possitive remarks about the Tempest, I think I had one remark about Pope Mobiles, but as there are two Suzuki Wagon R's in the car park, that dosnt really stack up as anobservation........

·
Registered
43 Posts
No names as yet, our last car, (Kangoo) was often called the Pope Mobile, but the Tempest has had nothing but praise so far. We call it Merlin. I agree about the Nissan Cube, had a nosey at one that was parked near us, nah, not a patch on the Soul. Most people ask is it a 4 wheel drive? One person walking past said "look at those wheels"

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
one of my neighbours had a white nissan cube on his drive for a couple of days........

Reminded me of when you leave the old knackered washing machine out at the end of the drive for the council to collect.........lol

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Latest name - Mr Bean's car until I pointed out that his Reliant only had 3 wheels. Just thought about that, he did have a Mini later me thinks.

·
Registered
70 Posts
We haven't even go our yet and my mates call it many names that cannot be repeated on this fourm but they like it better than the current car mum has.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You will get a lot of that - maybe people are just jealous or maybe to naive to accept something that is a little different

·
Registered
70 Posts
StephenWeeks said:
Mines a black one, so it gets called a "Mini hearse" at work

Thats what the PT is called at the min

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The reason I didn't go for a Black car was because I could see the hearse thing coming. I wonder if a coffin would fit in the back
business idea coming up.

·
Registered
543 Posts
All cars are like
Marmite some luv um some hate um it's a matter of peoples views personally I luv um just wish I owned one !! Especially in White they look like a really sexy lady lol

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well, I never thought of my car (White Soul 2 ) as a sexy lady - lots of curves, maybe a bit plump though

·
Registered
43 Posts
eyebee said:
The strangest one I`ve had was "whatthefcuksthat", not sure what it means

I did choke on my T when I read that, brilliant.

Some lovely couple would not get out of the way when we were reversing, we could see them in the camera screen, pointing and noseying. Then, after they finally moved, before we squished them, we passed another couple and the man said"look, there is one of those Kia Soul's I was talking about"
Eat my Hankook tyres baby............

·
Registered
43 Posts
Foxy said:
Well, I never thought of my car (White Soul 2 ) as a sexy lady - lots of curves, maybe a bit plump though

As long as the curves are in the right places, plump is fine, it is the new size Zero.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts