Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came to put diesel in this morning to discover that the button on the driver side door won't work?
The one below for the top part of the boot is fine??? I realise that there is an emergency fuel lever in the boot, but wanted to try and see what I can do? Is this a common problem or is it fuse related and if so which one and where is it located???? Any advice would be really appreciated....

·
Registered
27 Posts
It's a common fault... the fuel door latch is becoming lazy sometimes , what i've done is pull a bit the latch to make it easier for the cable to release the fuel door. Never happens since.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had the same problem, Found that the door hinges were abit stiff. I put some WD40 on the door latch hinges then move the door afew times manually. Mine now opens every time without fail.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM I JUST MOVED THE BRACKET AWAY FROM THE RETAINING PIN ,YOU MIGHT HAVE TO DO IT A COUPLE OF TIMES TO GET IT RIGHT ,THEN IT SHOULD WORK PERFECTLY ..IT DID FOR ME ..RAY..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi, I can't open my fuel cap door at all, and I'm really low on diesel.
I will put WD40 on, but how do I open it in the first place.
I was told that it can be accessed from inside the boot. But I have
emptied the boot and still can't find anywhere that could be an access.
The only places that have access from inside the boot are the rear lights.
Maybe it's a combination of being blonde and a woman!!!!!!!
I would appreciate any help at all.
Thanks
Lesley

·
Registered
3 Posts
It happened to me too last night. Quite embarrassing since there was a queue building up behind me and I just couldn't open the flap!

If this is a common fault, KIA should fix is properly as a recall. Not a big deal for them but a lot of hassle for the drivers, especially if this happens during a long/remote journey.

·
Registered
11 Posts
That is continually happening to me, and as you said, it is very embarrassing when there is a queue behind you, which there always is.
I haven't found any way of fixing this. So now I carry a hard spatula in the boot. I pull the lever that should open the flap (but doesn't), then I wedge the plastic spatula in the edge of the flap, nearest to where it opens. Then I go back and pull the lever again. Then it flies open, and I have to retrieve the spatula. I usually do it before I go to the garage if I can. If not, it only takes a minute, so I'm not holding up a queue of people. It might look a bit strange, but I am used to it now.
I do agree that Kia should recall the cars and fix the problem properly.
When I contacted customer services, they said take it to the agent I bought the car from. But they wanted to charge an unspecified amount in labour, so I didn't bother.
I would be interested to know if anyone has any luck getting this problem fixed, or if anyone has any better ways of opening the flap.
(From a 66 year old woman living 6 miles from the filling station.)

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
If it does not open with button, open hatch and right hand side is a small panel which the jack is behind.At the left hand side of the jack is a handle to pull to open it .When open spray some WD40 on the release catch at the left hand side of the filler outside,you will usually find the little rubber cover split where you can spray in.

Also give hinge a spray as if stiff will not let flap pop open when releasing.
Edited by: BIRDMAN

1 - 14 of 14 Posts