Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Though I'd start a thread on what warranty repairs people have had using the 7yr warranty. How old the car was, what went wrong, what was Kia's response. Just curious.
Hopefully this wont be as big as the "fuel consumption" thread.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Here's my claim history
Kia Carens Mk3 ,2009.CRDI Auto

1. New EGR Valve at 6,000 miles- no arguement, just changed
2. Replacement Radio at 11,000 miles- ordered new one, not arrived after two weeks so dealer took radio from new vehicle and swapped it over.
3. New design EGR valve body at 28,000 miles - this version seems to have fixed the problem.

Thats it , just had 40,000 service.
No problems with local KIA dealer on warranty but mine has the 5 year UNLIMITED mileage warranty, the 7 year came in January 2010 ,so my brother in laws Carens (Feb 2010) has the 7 yr 100,000 mile warranty.Shouldn't make any difference -should it?

Think a thread for good dealers would be useful -especially for those of us who travel around a fair bit!

Cheers

Gary

·
Registered
80 Posts
1. No lights on nearside of vehicle. Earth fault. Temporary repair at side of road. Permanent repair at Dealership.
2. Cold starting problemMarch 2010.Started taking longer than usual to fire up when cold weather. Dealer could not find a fault.

3. January 2011. 21k, 2 year Service, cold starting problem,(Up to 16 seconds of churning on the starter)and oil leak from sump. In dealership forsix days, oil leak cured. Starting better after software update but misfire for first few engine revolutions.

Cruise control not working after service/update.

4. Early February, car in for two days for misfire and cruise control. No cure.

5. Tuesday 8th March 2011. Car at Dealers for misfire and cruise control. Guess what? 5 weeks later and car is still there. Still waiting for a cure.

So far this year I have been without my Cee'd for 43 days out of 102.

Looks like the 7 year warranty means it takes 7 years to cure a fault.
Edited by: lovemysportywagon

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Only two people with warranty repairs two weeks after the original post and all problems sorted free of charge although slower than would be ideal in a perfect world in love's case. That is a pretty good record in my book considering how many people moan about fuel consumption.
Paul

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well, my experience with kia and dealers are not good, so instead of upgrading the wife's car to ceed we decided not to go through. Part ex. my sorento last month i had enough with those fault that kia and dealers can not solve the faults.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You could say this about pretty much any dealer. I used to own a Citroen C4. The service personel were a clueless bunch. Whilst the car was under warranty I had cause to return it to the dealer forwarranty repairs on several occassions - not once did they get it right first time. However I did discover an "authorised repairer" and they had one guy who was switched on and knew all about the car. I loved that car, but I spent £2300 in 2 years fixing it after the warranty ran out. It had to go, in favour of the Cee'd which so far has been very good.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Not had to have the Ceed repaired yet, famous last words, but Mini/BMW dealers are not good unless you try several or get lucky first time. We are on our 4th dealer now and very satisfied we are with them.

Own a Ford and nothing is covered by the warranty, colleague had the handbrake lever mechanismfail, told it was trim and not covered, wheel bolts corroded badlyon ours, told they were trim and not covered. I persevered and they changed them, colleague just paid up.

Once physically threatened by a VW dealer in the showroom for all to see, I only wanted to tell him the aerial was loose in the new wing just fitted by the body shop, accused my of doing it myself. Dealer not interested, VW said dealers were private businesses and they could not get involved. After 4 G o l f's and a Polo over a period of 11 years we voted with our feet and have never bought another.

If you are not happy don't buy another but there are good dealers out there for all brands, perhaps even Citroen after reading another thread, they need finding and making known for us all to use.

Paul

·
Registered
27 Posts
Bought in November 2010: Ceed 1 1.4 petrol:

New boot lock - faulty on delivery and not spotted by the dealer during PDI

Flat spots on acceleration - dealer cannot find a problem

Noisy fuel pump - Kia agreed to change, dealer refuses to do so..........

Rust on underside of bonnet and boot....been with Kia for 3 weeks and no idea of whether they will honour the warranty.

Have to say it is a great car, however the dealers really are not pushing the boat out to steer people away from the euro boxes.

If they do not buck their ideas up, it will be back to bimmer for me........

·
Registered
662 Posts
th3laird said:
Bought in November 2010: Ceed 1 1.4 petrol:

Noisy fuel pump - KIA agreed to change, dealer refuses to do so..........

Rust on underside of bonnet and boot....been with KIA for 3 weeks and no idea of whether they will Honor the warranty.

when you speak to KIA asa customer you are speaking to their customer service team NOT the warranty or tech teams that dealers have to satisfy to then get a claim paid. Ask the dealer to show you another similar spec / year car with the same pump noise as they are saying is OK to verify that its a standard condition remember you have 7 years for this pump to have an issue before you can't claim on the warranty

Never seen a Ceed rust yet but there's always a first the dealer will need to take images of the effected area then submit these with an estimate for the rectification this process can take a couple of weeks but keep pushing them to push KIA along.

as dealers we often get stuck in the middle. KIA have specific values and rules that we have to stick to so that we get paid for doing the work that you as customers request sometimes we have to obtain authority before doing any work or they will not pay us with body or corrosion repairs its more difficult because not all dealers have body shops and KIA have to report corrosion back to Korea and there are no set times and costs for this type of work so a more specialized team need to look at the estimate

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Knocking noises from the front-end most noticable when you turn/park/maneuver at slow speed.
Visit 1: Dealer changed a suspension joint (not the the anti-rollbar link) can't remember the exact name of the joint. But dealer informed me that they need to change another part but didnt have it in stock.

Visit 2: (1 month later) new part in stock. Dealer changed steering-column universal joint, this was the main culprit for the knocking noise, this is a failry large job and involves removing the steering column and is related to the electrically assisted steering mechanism.

Both jobs completed and knocking noise has gone, though I now have a squeeky clutch pedal.

·
Registered
14 Posts
First Ceed (Chippenham Motors) tried to charge for a new 10a accessory socket that we burnt out with a 500ma charger... did not fall for that! New dealer changed the fuse

Also brakes went metal on metal between services!! Took the small claims court to recover damages (or the threat of it!)

FJ Chalke - Mere - perfect, book yourself a holiday in Wilts and bring a troublesome Kia there!!!

Had track rod end and steering rack at almost 3 years 87,000 miles and no arguments etc - new drivers seat also just after (mechanism stuck!)

No arguments, no problems so purchased another one ex-demo :)

Shop around for your dealership (as with any make)

Ceed has not seen breakdown (above issue aside), better than new Astra, Merc-A class, Polo and some others I have owned.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Had drop link (knocking noise)Front suspension
3 lots of paint so far (just reported more!)Did have to go to two dealers as first and kia hotline "f"inguseless

Ceed estate owners check under rear window water gets trapped! Also inside boot lid rusting.Make sure paint check is completed in book!!!!

windscreen washer pump

couple of recalls

windows not rising properly

I fully intend to take full advantage of the seven year warranty!! Call me picky but that is what it is there for!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi I had to take to a different dealer to sort rust first garage just said that the paint check hadn't been done (it was past two days!!!) Why they couldn't stamp it I don't know they missed out on a job!
Dealer who i bought car from booked it straight away! Although there mechanic dented tailgate on the top and I didn't notice for a while so too late.

Just taken back for rust under tailgate lid have taken to bodyshop my self .

Pictures taken.

Kia phone line waste of time they basicly said tuff!

Just rant and rave if you have to! Rust is not part of the deal you would think they wouldn't want to have rusty cars on the road?

Be persistant are you speaking to the boss or an assistant?! you can always threated to go to trading standards this also gets dealers going!

Worse case go into show room and tell anyone looking at new Kia's about lack of dealer care and to buy elsewhere (Yep I have done it took some guts but worth it!)

Good Luck

Gareth

·
Registered
27 Posts
Finally had the rust taken care of; Kia did say this is the first one they have seen with any rust and were most apologetic!

Having sat in a few Cee'ds now, my fuel pump is very noisy, however we have just turned up the stereo....

All working nicely now, although the wife has taken a shine to the new Picanto.....which means the Volvo may be going and the Cee'd coming my way......

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just had driver side seatbelt replaced as it was sticking. Waiting for a new switch to sort out EPS warning light issue. No fuss, no arguing, dealer booked it in and did work. Free wash and vac too. Happy so far.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts