Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ,i am John i have a 2008 kia ceed 1.4 petrol(109hp) and i want to know what is the best oil for my engine. In my Country our lowest temperature is 0 degrees Celsius and the hottest is 45 degrees On summer.Thanks

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hello ,i am John i have a 2008 kia ceed 1.4 petrol(109hp) and i want to know what is the best oil for my engine. In my Country our lowest temperature is 0 degrees Celsius and the hottest is 45 degrees On summer.Thanks
Hi John,
Here in Greece the dealer says to use a good 10W-30. However, many of us in the Greek Kia Club, use 10W-40, in order to cover the higher temperatures in Greece. I personally used 10W-30 and now I changed to 5W-40, for two reasons: first to cover the low temperatures better and let the cylinder head lubricated fast in the winter and second to cover the high temperatures and avoid the oil to become watery.
That's my suggestions. In any case use a very good quality oil, semi-synthetic with good additives. I personally choose Liqui Moly, however, any good brand will do the job.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts