Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed these rusty bits on both rear doors on a 2010 venga i bought the mother...
Any ideas? I'm going to treat them with k-rust and cover them with touch up, wondered what caused them?..
20200309_133210.jpg

·
Registered
166 Posts
Search here on the forum lots of info, known problem usually fixed under warranty. Faulty door seal, your're well outside 7 years but worth asking Kia?

·
Registered
408 Posts
Search here on the forum lots of info, known problem usually fixed under warranty. Faulty door seal, your're well outside 7 years but worth asking Kia?
Rust (corrosion) is nothing to do with the 7 year warranty, in the case of the Venga it would be covered by the 12 year anti corrosion warranty. In theory a 10 year old Venga is within that 12 year period but do not forget that the T & C's of that warranty require an annual inspection and a stamp to prove its been carried out in the service book. The inspection/stamp can only be carried out by a Kia agent so no 3rd party stanps apply.

If its not been inspected and recorded there is no warranty so over to the OP, are there any stamps in the service book (if it was actually handed over with the car).

·
Registered
229 Posts
Had this on mine (2012 Venga 3)
It's caused by a seal design issue which was changed on later models (from 2014 ish iirc). Affects Ceed's as well.
Regarding anti corrosion warranty, it isn't an item that is checked under that so it should not matter if you had the corrosion check stamped (although obviously it makes things easier). If it's a non checked item then it should be covered regardless of servicing history as Kia don't check it so expect it to last at least as long as the warranty (which as BackAgain indicates is somewhat longer than 7 years for corrosion issues)
My drivers side rear door was changed at 6.5 years with no quibble and my anti corrosion stamps had stopped around year 5.

However - if you browse the forum you'll find that many warranty issues are often fobbed off by dealers due to how the warranty scheme reimburses dealers for the work. This is why having that up to date service / corrosion record can really help as it gives them less wiggle room.
It shouldn't be down to luck of the draw, but reality indicates that even justified claims with full history can be "difficult" depending who your dealer is.

I think Kia really need to sort this aspect out as they sell cars heavily on the warranty but don't seem willing to back the dealers / make it an easy experience in many cases but buyers only find this out when they have to venture down the warranty claim path.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts