Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 Cee'd 4 Tech SW. I had it serviced today by a Main Dealer, which is the 4th service at just under 35000 miles. It has been on the Care3 package.
What should be done during this service? When it got back, it appeared nothing had been done as far as fluid and filter replacement, i.e. no oil change, no oil or air filters etc. I queried this with the service manager, and he informed me that the 'service' was a check of entire vehicle, including fluid levels, but that's it. I am quite surprised. Is my vehicle expected to do 2 years, or around 20k miles, without an oil or filter change of any sort? Other than wasting my fuel for a round trip, it seems a complete waste of time, and I'm not that happy that I'll be driving around with quite well used oil by the middle of next year. Is this correct??

Thank you.

Conrad.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have a 2016 Cee'd 4 Tech SW. I had it serviced today by a Main Dealer, which is the 4th service at just under 35000 miles. It has been on the Care3 package.
What should be done during this service? When it got back, it appeared nothing had been done as far as fluid and filter replacement, i.e. no oil change, no oil or air filters etc. I queried this with the service manager, and he informed me that the 'service' was a check of entire vehicle, including fluid levels, but that's it. I am quite surprised. Is my vehicle expected to do 2 years, or around 20k miles, without an oil or filter change of any sort? Other than wasting my fuel for a round trip, it seems a complete waste of time, and I'm not that happy that I'll be driving around with quite well used oil by the middle of next year. Is this correct??

Thank you.

Conrad.
I do not have a Cee'd, but for my UK Sportage 1.6 petrol (no turbo), for normal mileage (i.e. 10K miles per year), the Year 1, 3, 5 etc, services are merely inspections with no oil or filter change, while the year 2, 4, 6 etc, services are full services with oil and filter change, air filter change and more (the 4th year service is the largest with even more items addressed than in the 2 year service).

If your car is 2016, was it not a Year 3 service?

If you have the Care package documentation, does that not tell you what is involved in the services?

·
Registered
335 Posts
Welcome to the Forum

Oil and Filter Service every 2 Years/20K Miles. Inspection only every other Year/10K.
Covered in the Owners Manual.

Inspection is normally around £60. Worth it to keep the warranty.
Quite common and Oils last longer these Days. Not everyone will agree with this :)
My opinion is that Kia and other Manufacturers are more likely to know than Dave down the Pub.

Some people choose to get the Oil and Filter changed more frequently.

My 2008 Ceed Diesel was Oil and Filter every Year or 12.5K

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JB18 / MCSPORT

Thank you for the replies.

I bought the car at 6 months old with 12k on it, and the dealer serviced it and stamped the book, so I count that as the 1st service - Nov 16. It then had the Care3 services, in Nov 17(18k), 18(26k) and now 19(35k). That's why I refer to it being the '4th service'.

I have found the maintenance schedule in the manual - thank you for pointing me there. I'm guessing I'm a little out of kilter with the service dates and mileages, due to the initial service by the dealer I bought it from.

I have explored whether to continue on a service plan, and I'm even more confused.

The main dealer is quoting £630 for the next 3 services.

Kia (via website) quoting £260 for 'Kia Service Plan 5-6' which is the next 2 services.

Somewhat confused, because that's quite a price difference, but it does appear Kia UK see my vehicle as having had 4 services, so this last one should have been a proper service, and not a check.

I guess I'll need to take this up with Kia UK, to clarify what plan would be the most appropriate.

Thank you again for the responses.

·
Registered
492 Posts
The care3 is a minor, major, minor service pack.

I don't think you should have been sold it.

I suspect your car has had services one, one (again), two and three. As such the oil would have only been changed at 26k.

The dealer's offer of three services for £630 is probably a major, minor, major service.

Kia service plan 5-6 is (I believe) minor and major.

(by minor I mean an inspection service - costs about £70. By major I mean a service which includes an oil change - and on many of them other things like brake fluid).

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Hi Conrad

This all depends on your engine spec, annual mileage, current mileage and whether all maintenance items have been done on time up to this point. We recommend you email us with your reg, mileage and dealer name so we can give you some reassurance. If you're not the registered keeper, we'll need authority from them to make contact with the dealer. Please reference this thread in your email.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Kia Customer Service
0333 202 2990

[email protected]

Visit www.kia.co.uk
Join in www.facebook.com/kiamotorsuk
Enjoy www.youtube.com/kiamotorsuk
Follow us @KiaUK on twitter

Call centre opening hours:

Monday to Friday - 8:30am - 7pm
Saturday: 9am - 1pm
Sunday: Closed

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Conrad

This all depends on your engine spec, annual mileage, current mileage and whether all maintenance items have been done on time up to this point. We recommend you email us with your reg, mileage and dealer name so we can give you some reassurance. If you're not the registered keeper, we'll need authority from them to make contact with the dealer. Please reference this thread in your email.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Kia Customer Service
0333 202 2990

[email protected]

Visit www.kia.co.uk
Join in www.facebook.com/kiamotorsuk
Enjoy www.youtube.com/kiamotorsuk
Follow us @KiaUK on twitter

Call centre opening hours:

Monday to Friday - 8:30am - 7pm
Saturday: 9am - 1pm
Sunday: Closed
Hi,

I did e-mail you on the 14th as suggested, but as yet no reply.

Regards

·
Registered
125 Posts
I do not have a Cee'd, but for my UK Sportage 1.6 petrol (no turbo), for normal mileage (i.e. 10K miles per year), the Year 1, 3, 5 etc, services are merely inspections with no oil or filter change, while the year 2, 4, 6 etc, services are full services with oil and filter change, air filter change and more (the 4th year service is the largest with even more items addressed than in the 2 year service).
As a new Sportage owner I think I would ask for an oil and filter change on the year 3,5 for my own piece of mind, and on all further inspection services.

What would an oil and filter change cost?

·
Registered
136 Posts
As a new Sportage owner I think I would ask for an oil and filter change on the year 3,5 for my own piece of mind, and on all further inspection services.

What would an oil and filter change cost?
about £100 for oil and filter , if it does not need it why change ?

·
Registered
125 Posts
about £100 for oil and filter , if it does not need it why change ?
I’ve got so used to having annual service and oil change on previous cars.

Dates back to the light brown residue in the rocker covers of my first cars back in the day from short journeys.

Hard to change old habits.

·
Registered
136 Posts
JB18 / MCSPORT

Thank you for the replies.

I bought the car at 6 months old with 12k on it, and the dealer serviced it and stamped the book, so I count that as the 1st service - Nov 16. It then had the Care3 services, in Nov 17(18k), 18(26k) and now 19(35k). That's why I refer to it being the '4th service'.
You are having the Services late, if the car was 6 months old when serviced it should of been done 6 months after you bought it, it does say every 12 months from date of 1st registration, you are now having it 6 months after this date if im reading your post correctly

1 - 13 of 13 Posts