Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do any carens crdi owners on here run their vehicles on 5.30 engine oil during the winter months or for that matter during summer too im just going to change mine again ,i was running it on 10.40 semi i was thinking of going to fully synthetic castrol seem to have an offer on down in devon for magnetec ,£22 for 4ltrs so i have changed the wifes fiesta [maybe i should change the wife]

·
Registered
476 Posts
Mk2 or Mk3 Carens?

If Mk3 then it must be run on oil equivalent to C3 grade, I run 5/30 fully syntheticSyner Z from Comma as it's what my local factors offer at a near sensible price, certainly way cheaper than the main dealer!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
comma have a better name now than they used to have back in my younger days i remember how the sludge used to stick in the bottom of the sump like treacle but now with better oils they seem to have got a lot better, mine is a mk2 @2005 i may get better fuel results by switching too

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks chaps very enlightening but if i change the wife i loose my dog as she will go too so i have to make the best of it, guess i leave it at a 5/30 oil change

·
Registered
543 Posts
Check in the hand book at recommended you've proberly done it but check the temperature max and minimum of oil because I went down halfords and looked in book at said 5/30 for my picanto and the temperature was minimum of -2 so put in 10/40 in end :)

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Most 5/30 oils are fully synthetic. A 10/40 is usually semi synthetic. Its not just the viscosity that matters, if the manufactures recommend a fully synthetic then its usually a 5/30 oil.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yes i checked the handbook and looking across the spectrum back in the summer 10 40 looked ok but its cold here now the winter change looks best for 5 30 better change the filter too [bloody pain]although a mate of mine only does his filter once a year regardless of what he puts in ,but then he is from UP NORTH !! sorry

·
Registered
543 Posts
Weather gettin worse too ;( better safe than sorry ! As they say 5/30 will be good best place is opie oils in Redruth near you he's cheapest for good brands take a look he's amazing give me a post if you want some he gives me discount if you need some :) dan

1 - 11 of 11 Posts