Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

Looking to switch out our small hatchback for something more suited for a baby. I love the idea of the Niro PHEV and it fits the budget, I also like the idea of going electric (or partly...) so this has been my front runner so far. Love the standard toys you get (car play etc)

Any other models to consider in the budget range, that I am missing? Feel like you lovely bunch will have more 'real world' feedback than I'll get anywhere else.

Been impressed by Kia, and even Hyundai over recent years. They really upping their games.

Super Moderator
Hi & welcome.

While Niro is a spacious car inside. I would have a look at one & take pram with you to check boot size.
You might get away with a X-Ceed. Also consider Ceed Sportswagon & Pro-Ceed as they will have bigger boots.

Registered
MY21 Stonic GT-Line S ISG MHEV iMT - sw220211 - map14.47.48.631.401.5
With a baby, I would go second hand or anyway an entry level car: I know most people will opt for a bigger car for comfort, so second hand affords you more. Get something that you don鈥檛 mind if it gets damaged or vomited into on a regular basis.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi & welcome.

While Niro is a spacious car inside. I would have a look at one & take pram with you to check boot size.
You might get away with a X-Ceed. Also consider Ceed Sportswagon & Pro-Ceed as they will have bigger boots.
Yes, definitely need to get the pram when I do the test drive. Is the boot that small? It looks okay on CarWow reviews but obviously difficult to judge on a video.

Venga.. no brainer..馃檪
It looks a bit on the small side to me! But I'll check it out anyway.

With a baby, I would go second hand or anyway an entry level car: I know most people will opt for a bigger car for comfort, so second hand affords you more. Get something that you don鈥檛 mind if it gets damaged or vomited into on a regular basis.
Sorry, should have said. It will be 100% second hand / used. Not new

Cheers

Registered
It looks a bit on the small side to me! But I'll check it out anyway.

Cheers

No problem getting a pram in a Venga and definitely not a car that should be overlooked.. biggest shock for me now looking in from the outside and no longer a car owner is the way the price of all cars have sky rocketed.. but this morning I have seen one that looks an absolute bargain..

Edit.. Its a cat N but even so with a careful inspection from say the RAC its worth a punt..

Registered
2022 Ceed GT line 1.5TGDI - Fusion Orange
You need to think about what pram you are buying. Same with child seats.

An Uppababy Vista for example will fit in a Proceed but not a Ceed. And a Joie I-spin 360 won鈥檛 give much space for a front seat passenger in either whereas a Cossatto all-in-all I rotate will.

Think carefully when buying a car for a child, rear facing is recommended until 4 years old now.

Something you can stick a roof box on I find has been very helpful

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You need to think about what pram you are buying. Same with child seats.

An Uppababy Vista for example will fit in a Proceed but not a Ceed. And a Joie I-spin 360 won鈥檛 give much space for a front seat passenger in either whereas a Cossatto all-in-all I rotate will.

Think carefully when buying a car for a child, rear facing is recommended until 4 years old now.

Something you can stick a roof box on I find has been very helpful
Thanks. Some nice tips I hadn't really considered.

Registered
2022 Ceed GT line 1.5TGDI - Fusion Orange
You can tell who is a newish parent!

Spinning seats will save your back but cost a bit more once you are out of a carrier. And an umbrella fold pram we find is fine for when we go on a longer journey as we prioritise space for everything else. A Ceed boot is actually pretty sizeable if you pack smart.

Our other car has a slightly bigger boot but often wears a hat with the clothes and other lightweight bits in it

Super Moderator
Yes, definitely need to get the pram when I do the test drive. Is the boot that small? It looks okay on CarWow reviews but obviously difficult to judge on a video.

Cheers
It's not small in the grand scheme of things compared to other cars. Just depends on what pram you have/are getting. It's not really that high, with cover in place.

Registered
Sportage 4 T-gdi
Or how big the baby is.......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts