Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As mentioned in the previous thread that I started, I am not convinced with the steering on my Pro Cee'd and am therefore taking it to a garage to get it looked at as the dealer that I bought it from is saying that it is OK.

I was just wondering if everyone uses Kia garages to get their repairs / services done or whether they use independents / multi national garages (Kwik Fit etc)?

I am booked into an independent because the mechanic has maintained all my previous cars and is very good at what he does.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I tack mine to the kia dealer in peterborough cant go wrong with them very helpful I think it gives u peace of mind taking your car to the main dealer

·
Registered
536 Posts
The same Kia in Peterborough that said "nope that's fine" and am to this day still living with what I feel is dangerous steering issues??? I have nothing against them, if they just said "look we know but Kia won't do f**k all about it, our hands are tied" I would accept that. But they can't be seen to be slating there own product I guess. I don't agree with how they said all is nominal....yet took the car for alignment and it was out on the toe in. When some one says "it pulls no more to the left than any other proceed" and I immediately reply "oh so they all do it then"?......put them in such an uncomftable position I just walked out due to incoherent babbles of excuses. I don't mind being fobbed off, but I do hate people trying to pull wool over my eyes

·
Registered
195 Posts
I also have had dealings with the dealer in Peterborough and they wern't great...I use EMG at Kings Lynn or EMG Hyundai at Spalding as they supplied the car to me. no problems so far :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thunderbird said:
they certainly cannot do the annual paint and body inspection.
Yeah, servicing can be done elsewhere but the paint and body inspection is Kia only. Is it free, do you know?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I guess its just a case of shopping around and finding the best price for a service from the main dealer. From what Ive read, it can vary wildly from Kia garage to Kia garage.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts