Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2018 sportage 4 1.6tdci
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been playing with the panoramic sunroof now the weather has turned a bit nicer, but on the overhead panel there is a button that looks like a mute button, but it doesn't seem to do anything. I've posted a pic.
Also noticed the top of the centre console, the bit that opens up, slides forwards. Any ideas why???

·
Registered
2018 sportage 4 1.6tdci
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah ok. Whenever I press it, no light ever comes on. Any ideas with centre console lid

·
Registered
11 Posts
.do you mean the little lid that opens under those buttons in your picture? It’s a holder for your sunglasses/glasses

·
Registered
331 Posts
Engine must be off for the alarm sensor to work and the blue light to come on.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Did you not get a user manual with your car? All explained in there.

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
That button is not a sensor. It disables the interior movement sensor and the tilt sensors (to prevent activation when on a ferry). To use it press the button with the engine off then exit and lock the car within 30 seconds. Reverts to normal operation upon next unlock.

·
Super Moderator
4,312 Posts
That button is not a sensor. It disables the interior movement sensor and the tilt sensors (to prevent activation when on a ferry).
Or when you leave pets/wife in car 😂

Reactions: MerlinL14

·
Registered
2018 sportage 4 1.6tdci
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did you not get a user manual with your car? All explained in there.
Yes I did, but it's like a novel, and I was looking under the sunroof section as it's on the sunroof panel....
Regards the centre console, it's the top of this that slides forwards a couple of inches. Jo idea why it does this....

·
Registered
361 Posts
Do you have a manual or automatic gearbox.
I have an auto and the top of my armrest does not slide but I know the manual has a different centre console and they may have fitted a sliding armrest to compensate for different shape.

I've had plenty of sliding armrests on previous cars - just a comfort thing so that people with shorter arms can slide the rest forward so it still supports their elbow.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Manual handbrake cars console lid slides forward, just makes it more comfy on long journeys to rest your elbow (maybe!)

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Agree with MerlinL. Mine is an auto (with manual handbrake) and it has a sliding console.

·
Registered
2018 sportage 4 1.6tdci
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's a manual with electric handbrake. Didn't think of it may be a comfort thing for arms:oops::oops:
Thanks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts