Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
looks like the soul, but also more like the disco/freelander, landrover are now making pimp four wheel drive cars for the the londoners, not to work off road, who owns landrover now? was once BMW also ford

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
They have to change it. Namby pamby safety legislation won't let them build the old one for much longer. It's also very expensive to build as it's largely assembled by hand.

I can see production of the current Defender being moved to India when the new one is introduced. That may not be a bad thing.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Ha ha! Good point, there are some remarkable similarities. Now after many years in the motor industry I have always considered LR to make the most capable off roaders in the world but they are notoriously the most unreliable in the world.
There is a "I hate my LR" forum;

http://landroverhell.com/

Brilliant reading! Nowthen we have to be careful because the first day my mate saw my Soul he looked at that little bit over the windscreen and immediately likened it to a LR disco. What an insult.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I've had that too. I can tell you that from an engineering and quality point of view the Soul is leagues ahead of a Mini.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Raider said:
The only comment Ive had about mine so far was " it looks like a gangster car " not sure if thats good or bad ?

I drive a black Chrysler 300C and I get that all the time along with drug dealer references.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts