Kia Owners Club Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
http://www.kiaownersclub.co.uk/forum/detailing_topic19759.html It's kinda easy...I live in the desert. Hardly rains although it did a few days ago. Had a great dust storm that turned into a great thunder storm, and we got a load of rain. It turned around and rained the next evening just for good measure. Nice the cars were in the garage so they didn't get dirty.

First of all .... I NEVER USE SOAP ON MY CARS

Any way....
Step 1: California duster oldest 
Step 2: California duster middle aged one
Step 3: California duster youngest
Step 4: Micro fiber towels and spray body detailer.
Step 5: Glass with a micro fiber towel using "WATER". Polish glass dry with a "3M micro fiber towel".
Step 6: Wipe wheels & tires that I sprayed tire dressing on at the beginning
Step 7: Check for runs, drips, or errors
Step 8: Park cars back in the garage

Takes about 30 minutes, and the cars are ready for a car show. My bright red and bright white 7 year old Saturn's look better than new. I don't see any reason the Forte's will be any different.

If the car is filthy. I hose the car and loosen the mud with my hand. I will use a micro fiber towel if needed. All while water is rincing the area I'm wiping.

No reason to post a photo of my new car, so here is a photo of my 7 year old Saturn ION sedan. I'll park it next to any new car and compare them. In fact did you pick up your new car a hour ago...lets compare.

If I sound a bit smug about it ... oh well that's the way it goes. My car's look like new and I've not found a better way to date....I try new things if they look like they are worth a try. That's how cotton cloths were replaced with micro fiber cloth's. That's how I can have super clean streak free glass..Super clean glass is the product of 3M Micro Fiber towels, no other micro fiber does the trick.

The way I do it holds up on my Bright Red Saturn ION Redline also. Edited by: RjForte

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
I suppose where you live makes a big difference to car cleaning. In West Australia it was no problem to go for 3 months without the need to clean the car again in the summer. Here in the UK you might have to do it 3 times a week, depending on the weather.Wash/clean today, tomorrow rain and the car is covered in mud and dirt, or in the winter salt on the bodywork.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Did the same thing when I lived in Northern Minnesota and had snow up to my bum 5 months of the year. Not to mention all the salt that was dumped on the hills so we could make it up and down all winter. Only real difference is how well micro fiber is, and body detailer is much better.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I've been tuning my approach to car care since the first car I bought. Always looking for a better way. A way that works in the minimul amount of steps, and does not harm the cars surfaces. I like my cars clean. I keep my cars clean. I look for easy, fast, ways to get a good job.

grump .... Saturn LLC was started by GM back in the late 80's. They went away with Saab, Pontiac, and Hummer, in the GM bankruptcy.Edited by: RjForte

·
Registered
473 Posts
use auto glym too. really good stuff. My dad got the set with his car, I use that on mine n just replace the items once used up.

Ive also used Mer which is also good (use on F1 cars I think)

·
Registered
953 Posts
RjForte said:
http://www.kiaownersclub.co.uk/forum/detailing_topic19759.html It's kinda easy...I live in the desert. Hardly rains although it did a few days ago. Had a great dust storm that turned into a great thunder storm, and we got a load of rain. It turned around and rained the next evening just for good measure. Nice the cars were in the garage so they didn't get dirty.

First of all .... I NEVER USE SOAP ON MY CARS, OR ANYTHING HARSH AT ALL.

Any way....
Step 1: California duster oldest 
Step 2: California duster middle aged one
Step 3: California duster youngest
Step 4: Micro fiber towels and spray body detailer.
Step 5: Glass with a micro fiber towel using "WATER". Polish glass dry with a "3M micro fiber towel".
Step 6: Wipe wheels & tires that I sprayed tire dressing on at the beginning
Step 7: Check for runs, drips, or errors
Step 8: Park cars back in the garage

Takes about 30 minutes, and the cars are ready for a car show. My bright red and bright white 7 year old Saturn's look better than new. I don't see any reason the Forte's will be any different.

If the car is filthy. I hose the car and loosen the mud with my hand. I will use a micro fiber towel if needed. All while water is rincing the area I'm wiping.

No reason to post a photo of my new car, so here is a photo of my 7 year old Saturn ION sedan. I'll park it next to any new car and compare them. In fact did you pick up your new car a hour ago...lets compare.

If I sound a bit smug about it ... oh well that's the way it goes. My car's look like new and I've not found a better way to date....I try new things if they look like they are worth a try. That's how cotton cloths were replaced with micro fiber cloth's. That's how I can have super clean streak free glass..Super clean glass is the product of 3M Micro Fiber towels, no other micro fiber does the trick.

The way I do it holds up on my Bright Red Saturn ION Redline also.
I do the same as always..... Edited by: RjForte

·
Registered
402 Posts
Autoglym super resin polish works great on dark colours, and bright "enamel" red.
I tend to use leftovers on the wheels since most products perform about the same on alloys.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts