Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
Just bought some Autogym stuff for my car that is being delivered on Friday. Just some Super resin polish and some tyre dressing, will use any shampoo (using two bucket method). Was thinking of getting Extra gloss protection also for the winter.

What does everyone else use? Or do you go to car wash like I used to
?

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
You've opted for some great kit, and you've opened a can of worms with your question :)
I've spent loads in the past but with a black car on Norfolk roads (with my high milage) it's impossible to keep on top of it. I'm about 40m from my house, so rolling a hose and mains out to use my pressure washer is a real chore,..... I wash - rinse and use a waterless spray to remove water marks. Every now and then I use chauffeurs edge polish to try and bring the paintwork back to life.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Id look at getting yourself some good quality microfiber drying towels and buffing towels. an maybe look at a decent wax to apply after polishing, will keep it looking better for longer.
But other than that it looks good, unless you develop OCD (obsessive Car detailer) then you will be spending lots ;)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Best thing I've found is autoglym aqua wax, you spray it on while your car is still wet, (after washing and rinsing) dry the car with one microfiber and then buff up with another microfiber. Best shine I've ever seen at very little work.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am aware it may be a can of worms...just registered on detailers world lol, I won't mention snow foam!

Microfiber is a must then...no more using old t-shirts? Lol what does everyone like air freshener wise? Might try a california car scent?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Big can of worms... oh an I like the Golden state delight car sent :)

little off topic but ive tried registering twice on detailersworld but never get an eamail to activate my account, how did you get on with registering?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've used Maguires and Poor Boys mainly for a long time. Most of the it products are brilliant.

It all depends on what you want to do and how often. For me, a wash every week or two is really all I want to do most times as I don't have time, so ensure that my waxing is done every 4 to 6 months. Also keeping on top of brake dust on you wheels is essential IMHO. Get yourself some wheel polish on and apply every wah or every other wash. The dust almost comes off them with a hose.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Detailers world approval took about half a day to approve my registration, is wheel polish that much different than normal car polish? Was gonna buy some sealant for for the wheels.

·
Registered
420 Posts
smiler1207 said:
what does everyone like air freshener wise? Might try a california car scent?

Im not a fan of having anything scented in the car but what i do do every now and then is spray the seats and floor/mates also the parcel shelf with Febreze.

I do belive Febreze now does a car one when you clip it on the vent.

·
Registered
6 Posts
<!--if gte mso 9>
<o:OfficeSettings>
<o:AllowPNG/>
</o:OfficeSettings>
<!-->

Hi,

I
am the proud owner from new of a Kia Ceed 3, 1.6 GDI Ecodynamic. Registered
April 2013. Dark Gun Metal

I
had the car Autoglym Lifeshined on delivery as this came as a much reduced
price option at the time of purchase.

Since
then I have maintained the car by:

Weekly

Internal

Vacuuming the inside and boot

Using three different micro fiber cloths I:

Clean all areas other than windows and front dash part where the Sat
Nav, instrument dials are placed with Autoglym internal shampoo

Protecting the rubber and all plastic areas with Autoglym Vinyl and
Rubber.

Since October I have given all rubber door, boot and engine seals a
coat of Vinyl and Rubber as this helps stop the rubber from sticking in
freezing weather. I only plan to keep this up during bad autumn months and throughout the winter.

Cleaning the windows, sat nav, heating info window, front dash and
instrument dials, steering wheel with Autoglym Fast Glass.

Cleaning with Autoglym Shampoo and Conditioner, sills, metal parts
of interior doors including hinge areas, external pillars between front and
back doors that is normally obscured by shut doors and all metal parts exposed
by opening the boot, i.e. the part between the boot top and the roof and
including the metal underside of the boot

External

Fine spray the car to soften / remove debris.

Power hose the wheels and wheel arches

Clean with Autoglym Shampoo and Conditioner using a sponge, the
wheels, wheel arches bottom part of the sills where the protective plastic is
found and for about two inches underneath the sides of the car, bottom part of
the front and back of the car to where the plastic finishes underneath the car.

Re power hose the wheels and arches.

Fine spray the whole car including the parts underneath the car I
shampooed

Clean underside of the bonnet and engine compartment with Autoglym
Shampoo and Conditioner using micro fiber cloth.

With a completely different microfiber sponge and bucket of water containing
Autoglym Shampoo and Conditioner wash the car with and fine hose down. I use two buckets for this, one with shampoo and one for rinsing the microfiber sponge in between shampooing each panel. I then
apply Aqua Wax to the body work when drying it.

Fast glass to clean windows and all lights.

Buffing the car when finished.

Six Monthly

Due to the length of time I have had the car I have only completed
this task once but it is a planned extended care to be undertaken in September
and April of each year and will replace the weekly care the week this is
carried out and is carried out over two days.

Day one

Internal clean as described in the weekly schedule, with the
exception of the external pillars between the front and back doors and the
bottom part of the back of the car which is normally covered once the boot is
closed.

Engine Bay

I cover all the electrical parts with cling film. Spray the whole
bay with Autoglym Engine Cleaner from the bottom of the bay to the top. Leave
for a little while and then wash off by hosing (using a fine spray) down the
whole compartment. I then spray the whole compartment with Autoglym Vinyl and
Rubber before the bay has time to dry. Close the bonnet until the body of the
car is completed and then remove the cling film.

Day Two

Exterior of car.

Follow the same regime as the weekly but omitting the Aqua Wax.

Once dried I clean using surface detailing clay lubricated with
Autoglym vinyl and rubber spray. Dry the car.

I then apply Autoglym Super Resin Polish. Buff off

Then apply Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection and leave for about two
hours before buffing off.

I then clean the glass, lights and any plastic area
contaminated with the waxes with
Autoglym Fast Glass.

Finally I re buff the entire body work and glass.Remove all the cling film from the electrical parts in the engine bay. Check that all parts of the engine bay are dry and running normally.
Following the above I feel I have maintained the car to its condition I got it in and will protect it for the future and I am not doing anything that could prove decremental to the car. Whilst some may think I have gone over the top if anyone feels any part of my regime is detrimental to the car either in the short, medium or long term I would be grateful if you could let me know.

<!--if gte mso 9>
<w:Word>
<w:View>Normal</w:View>
<w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom>
<w:TrackMoves/>
<w:Trackatting/>
<w:punctuationKerning/>
<w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/>
<w:SaveIfInvalid>false</w:SaveIfInvalid>
<w:IgnoreMixed>false</w:IgnoreMixed>
<w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>
<w:DonotPromoteQF/>
<w:LidThemeOther>EN-GB</w:LidThemeOther>
<w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian>
<w:LidThemeComplex>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplex>
<w:Compatibility>
<w:BreakWrappedTables/>
<w:SnapToGridInCell/>
<w:WrapTextWithPunct/>
<w:UseAsianBreakRules/>
<w:DontGrowAutofit/>
<w:SplitPgBreakAndark/>
<w:EnableKerning/>
<w:DontFlipMirrorIndents/>
<w:OverrideTableStyleHps/>
</w:Compatibility>
<m:mathPr>
<m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/>
<m:brkBin m:val="before"/>
<m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/>
<m:smallFrac m:val="off"/>
<m:dispDef/>
<m:lMargin m:val="0"/>
<m:rMargin m:val="0"/>
<m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/>
<m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/>
<m:intLim m:val="subSup"/>
<m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/>
</m:mathPr></w:Word>
<!--><!--if gte mso 9>
<w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemi="true" DefQat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267">
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Normal"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="ing 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 7"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 8"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 9"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" Qat="true" Name="caption"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Title"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Subtitle"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Strong"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Emphasis"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="No Spacing"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Quote"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Book Title"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Qat="true" Name="TOC ing"/>
</w:LatentStyles>
<!--><!--if gte mso 10>

/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";
mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-style-priority:99;
mso-style-parent:"";
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
mso-para-margin:0cm;
mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}

<!-->
Edited by: MickJJ

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wow, thanks for that MickJJ.

I was planning to run my Sedona through a car wash once a month, but you've inspired me to up my game.

Cheers!

KaiBosh

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi KaiBosh,
You are welcome.

I hope you enjoy it and proud of the finish achieved.
Car washes have the habit of scratching over a period of time and work out expensive over the long term. The finish is also out of your control.

I do not know if you will use Autoglym products as there are many good ones around. If you do, you may want to consider getting their 5l equivalents. It works out a lot cheaper. I have done this other than the super resin polish and the extra gloss protection. I did not get these in 5L as I have worked out that the 5 L drums will last me 2 /3 or more years and I did not know if wax products would maintain their properties for that long. The only exception, is the Aqua wax which I also have in 5L, as I use it every week. The external shampoo and conditioner I have calculated will last me 6 or more years.

Have fun and enjoy.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
I have always washed my cars weekly at least and over the last 37 years of motoring have used loads of different products, at present I'm using Autobrite's Cherry Glaze on the paint work and it's brilliant. I use Meguiars soft gel for washing, Meguiars tyre gel and I also have Angelwax AG for silver paint work which is also brilliant. Every spring time I go under the car and pressure wash off all traces of salt/grime and the car is waxed weekly, a bit ott but I find it very therapeutic .

·
Registered
26 Posts
I moved away from Autoglym Resin a while back, I find it powders very easily compared to some of the other brands out there.

My current external regime is

Avalanche Finesse snowfoam - leave to dwell then oscillate power wash rinse.
2 bucket wash with Meguiars Gold Class shampoo
Dry with large deep pile microfibre
(if required a paint correction with Menzerna finishing compound and DA polish machine really takes any swirls out)
Poorboys black hole glaze or my new love Autobrite Direct Cherry Glaze
Poorboys Natty Blue Paste Wax applied using a spray detail for moistening the paste slightly gives a nice even thin layer of wax.
Autoglym High Gloss Protection or Autobrite Project 32 for a final shine.
Poorboys Alloy Wheel Sealant (although to be fair I am currently using the remaining Autoglym Resin for the wheels as I think that it is probably as good.

Results

Edited by: bumpkin

·
Registered
453 Posts
bumpkin said:
I moved away from Autoglym Resin a while back, I find it powders very easily compared to some of the other brands out there.
Agree there. Unless you washed the car immediately after polishing it to remove the dust even an overnight dew would leave horrendous white marks on the car that were impossible to remove without polishing it again. And that was on a silver car, cannot imagine what it would be like on a dark colour.

Was told about a brand call Meguiars, been using it for about 10 years now. No residue whatsoever. Originally I got it by mail but now even Halfords stock it but got my last bottle from Euro Car parts much cheaper and free postage. Very easy to use, can do our Ceed in about 30 minutes using the application pad a good old fashioned cotton polishing cloth. Water beads for a good 6 months after application. Our Ceed looks like new after 4 years and the old Micra, which is now approaching 8 years (silver again) looks stunningly good.

Edited by: Another Kia

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
I started to use Autobrite products around March this year and find their products exceptional, ie. cherry glaze and I also use the Hellshine Abyss paint sealer topped up with project 32. The shine doesn't get any better than that, owe and by the way my wife has a black mitsubushi mirage and it's like looking in a mirror the reflection in her car using Autobrite products.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hi Smiler 1207, I have had my 25foot caravan and also my Sorento Titan coated with GEN3 Glasscote, you can Google the name and purchase online.

Once applied the whole paint surface of your vehicle is protected from acid rain, birdlime, UV sun rays and road salt, then for the next five years all you need to do is wash your vehicle and dry it (chamois leather or micro fibre) it does not matter.

Then you can work out how many hours of waxin', huffin', puffin' and buffin' you will have saved over the next 5 years,

Kind Regards Bill,Lobstersalad.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts