Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Odd question but I've just renewed insurance and all the companies say mine is a 2012 Kia Venga 3 with sat nav (based on number plate)
Mine doesn't have sat nav and has the audio head unit with Bluetooth / MP3
Does anyone have any idea if I can find out what my car was "born" with as it seems odd that insurers class as it as having the built in sat nav
It doesn't make any difference to price btw , I'm just curious as to why it would be classed as a sat nav model which was an optional extra in 2012.
It was from Motability before I had it so I'm wondering if sat nav was despecced?

·
Registered
986 Posts
I don`t know about you, my insurance company said that the KIA dealer appointed registration number from new i gave them belonged to a KIA Sorento not a KIA Sportage, they were quite adamant about it, so I gave them the VIN number and according to them that belonged to another different vehicle altogether!
As I was in the process of putting my private plate on I gave them that registration, that one they did recognise it as belongs on a 2016 Sportage, not a 2019, the vehicle I traded in to buy my new one!

They got there in the end bless `em, I did wonder how they got their name as i was "confused.com" as they were now I know!

·
Registered
683 Posts
Suggest you look at the reg document (log book) Then correct the insurance quote.

It is odd that there is no definitive Kia document that says what features you car should have ie per spec level per year. The handbook merely says "if fitted" or something similar to almost everything.

But I can say that by 2014 the regular "3" did not have satnav, I had to get the "3 Satnav"

What about previous years insurance documents, I keep all mine for reference .

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi 2012 vengaman
Enter your VIN number in this:- parts catalog KIA [Europe], original catalog KIA [Europe], online catalog KIA [Europe], Car catalog KIA [Europe]
It will give all the information and more about the build of your car
I am not sure when the Venga 3 got satnav as standard.
Our 2011 MY did not our 2014 MY did.
Does your car have a space saver spare wheel? The 2011 MY did and 2012 MY did not, I am not sure when the spare returned our 2014 MY had one
Regards
From the lock down East Lancashire

·
Administrator
7,473 Posts
The original Venga 3 didn't have sat nav...as you say it was then an optional extra. It then had a 'respec' exercise where, for a small time of 12 months the sat nav was made standard in the 3 trim before the introduction of the 4 trim spec.

Paul

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks BigJohn, a very useful site
It says mine started life with the normal Radio / CD unit
Oddly it also says 2013 spec but produced on 1st June 2012 so a bit odd..
I've discussed with insurance and they are happy so I'll leave it at that but still a bit strange

1 - 7 of 7 Posts