Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone.i take delivery of my ex-demo soul2 crdi on thursday,can anyone recomend what brand of diesel to run it on,to maximise performance.cheers

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
i just use the normal supermarket stuff or whatever is available nearby frankly. Would be interested in others comments and recommendations. And without thread jacking - has anybody used bio diesel??..... they sell it near me and i am very tempted.... 20p a litre less and no emissions!!!!.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I am sure Viking Paul told us NOT TO USE BIO DIESEL in KIA cars or any diesel car that has a high pressure pump. I think this down to the Bio being of higher viscosity.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
<t></t><table style="width: 646px; height: 74px;" align="center" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><t><tr></tr><tr style="height: 200px; min-height: 200px;"><td valign="top">

absolutley not bio is not an acceptable fuel for HP common rail
engines it will distroy the HP pump and kia will not warant the engine
if used keep bio for old volvos and landrovers
That was the quote from Paul in an earlier question about Bio.

</td></tr></t></table>
Edited by: davy

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I have heard that the bio diesel works better on the older style diesel engine and that it strips out all the dirt which then blocks the fuel filter and that then can cause overheating of the pump. But if an engine is brand new and isnt full of dirt - that issue shouldnt arise. As you say tho - until Kia say we can use it - we shouldnt.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I was in a VW garage a couple o months ago for spares for my van and there was a large notice up saying DO NOT USE BIO DIESEL IN VW DIESEL CARS.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
It's the lack of lubricity in bio that's one of the problems,you rely on the fuel to lubricate the pump and bio is like kerosene with little lubrication properties so will cause high wear.
All diesel should be sold to a set standard so as Tempest say's use the cheapest. THe engine in the soul is not bad at all, you will enjoy driving it Zumbie.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Yes the Soul Diesel engine is a nice engine to sit behind. It dosent have as strong a pull or is as economical as some, but it is nicely smooth and much quieter than most on initial start up. I had a BMW diesel owner in mine this morning, and he commented how quiet the engine was and how smooth the ride was!!!!.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I cannot really comment yet as i havent bought diesel yet, as i got a full tank from the dealer. Although as tempest says its a nice engine to sit behind. Coming from someone who is driving a diesel for the first time, you can certainly feel the turbo kicking in which is quite nice i think.

I vaguely remember something in the manual about bio diesel, i think it depends on how much ethanol is mixed in whether it can be used or not. Will flick through later and report back.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I think you are right Tempest it's only when the bio reaches a certain level that it becomes less lubricating to the pump,it's the same in fuel pumps for oil burning, kersosene pumps wear much faster than the ones used on gas oil but they are only working at 120- 180 psi no where near the ones on engines. Whats the weather like in your neck of the woods ? Here in South Yorkshire it really is bad,still at least I get a few extra days off work.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Dave R said:
I think you are right Tempest it's only when the bio reaches a certain level that it becomes less lubricating to the pump,it's the same in fuel pumps for oil burning, kersosene pumps wear much faster than the ones used on gas oil but they are only working at 120- 180 psi no where near the ones on engines. Whats the weather like in your neck of the woods ? Here in South Yorkshire it really is bad,still at least I get a few extra days off work.
Weather isnt too bad today..... we got hit yesterday and the day before quite bad. I think the worst is over to the east now....hope it stays there. We just got an email round from the bosses reminding us that if we dont get here we dont get paid - unless the bosses deem to close the office for the day.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
The weather here is getting worse ,nothing is moving not even buses or trains,I don't get paid either unless they feel benevolent. I have given my notice in anyway to finish at the end of the month ,I have had enough of the company,if I do a job it's done right all they are intrested in is collecting fees. I am 63 so I am taking early retirement unless of course something of interest comes along,part time would be great.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
good on you..... life is too short to be unhappy - we only get the one chance. Enjoy the early retirement and make it crack!!!!.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I will Tempest,my trouble is that I ger bored if I am not doing something,I had looked at mentoring for busineses in the area,we have a free service that you can join to give some time to. Still plenty of time to look in the New Year. Thought of buying another boat and living on that part of the time but my daughter has just had the third big operation so we are looking after her for the next 6 months or so.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I used to use Sainsbury's diesel in my old 1.5dci Clio i had on a 06 reg.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts