Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wet8 In the latest diesel Sorento 2021 model.

Started the car yesterday morning for the first time that day and turned the dial to D. As soon as I did the clutch fully engaged and stalled the engine. Started a second time, engaged D again and it grabbed a bit, pulling the revs down for a second or two before releasing and working normally from then on.

Are there any issues such as this apart from my brief Wet8 brainfart? I believe it is a brand new transmission so it wouldn't be surprising if there was some teething trouble. This is the first glitch I've found in the car in four months. Only once before have I had a car this well built from the factory and, believe it or not, the other was a 2004 Range Rover.

Registered
I am not running the Diesel variant, rather the HEV. I have not come across your problem yet. The only thing I have noticed drive related is hesitancy moving off from roundabouts etc, not a deal breaker. Perhaps the Diesel version has a different type of automatic transmission? I remember reading the US Diesels use a dual wet clutch, not sure if the HEV's do the same.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am not running the Diesel variant, rather the HEV. I have not come across your problem yet. The only thing I have noticed drive related is hesitancy moving off from roundabouts etc, not a deal breaker. Perhaps the Diesel version has a different type of automatic transmission? I remember reading the US Diesels use a dual wet clutch, not sure if the HEV's do the same.
I believe that the UK petrol hybrid has a totally different six speed auto.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.