Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<TABLE id=post309627 =tborder border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center itxt="1">
<T itxt="1">
<TR vAlign=top itxt="1">
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ffffff 1px solid" id=td_post_309627 =alt1 itxt="1">
<DIV id=post_message_309627 itxt="1">been having a problem with my dec 2009 <NOBR style="FONT-FAMILY: verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; COLOR: #4a95e1; FONT-SIZE: 100%; FONT-WEIGHT: normal" id=itxt_nobr_0_0>sportage<OBR> leaking into the passanger footwell over the last couple of months it goes back into the garage next week for the fourth time.belive its coming in through the heater.<BR itxt="1">this has been my first kia and first new car to say im unimpressed is an understatement
</TD></TR>
<TR itxt="1">
<TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #ffffff 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #ffffff 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: 0px; BORDER-RIGHT: #ffffff 1px solid" =alt2 itxt="1">
</TD></TR></T></TABLE>my 2009 sportage keeps on leaking into the front footwell,
goes back in next week for the fourth time really getting sick now wondering what my legal position is as ive lost all confidense in the car

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi scary I had the same problem in my picanto it was the rubber seals that go around the doors ,they were leaking and I had them replaced the way to check is to pour water on the side which is wet over the doors then dry the out side of the car . over the door then open it if it is wet in the seal of the door the rubbers need replacing. Hope this helps

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,
We had our first new car which was a Kia Sportage and had a leak in the passenger footwell. Our local Kia garage after 2 attempts solved this problem. Firstly, there is a bulletin recall by Kia as they recognise on some of these cars there was a robot mis-seal on them, causing the leak. Our problem was solved removing the passenger wing and sealing bodywork high up near bulkhead and also window wipers need to be taken off and plastic strip which runs all the way across the car needs to come off and be re-sealed near passenger end. Sealer will be missing.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Hi Folks, if air con drain pipe has become blocked or not draining to the outside could cause this problem?

Bob.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi all,
upgrade was done,damaged the paint on the wing whilst off,keeps going back in for more sealant,some showers it leaks some it dosent.

think its running down through the heater.

just dropped it back off.they are keeping it for at least a couple of days.hopefully they manage to solve it this time

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
getting realy sick now water in again this morning trip no 5 required back to the dealer

·
Registered
197 Posts
Wife's Panda had a soaking driver's footwell yesterday. Turned-out that a drain under the bonnet just below the windscreen was blocked with tree debris which had caused a pond to form which then ran down the heater vents when the level was high enough....worth checking that area on your Sportage.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi.I hope you car still dry!. I have a Sportage Titan purchased Dec 2009 and have water in the n/s foot-well,can you give me any more info on the recall from Kia for this problem as i cannot find anythingand I don't have enough faith in the garage finding thecause without guidance, any help would be appreciated. Thanks for your time....Peter

·
Registered
32 Posts
its a problem with the inner body seams that the water tracks into the vehicle and ends up in the heater motor, the fix is to remove the NS Fender and use a sealer that can be blown into the seams, if brush on sealer is used it doesnt get into the seams properly, a body schutz sealer gun and schultz sealer is the best, its runny enough to seep into and down the body seams and seal them forever!!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
Have been trying to resolve my leaking 2006 Sportage since January. Had read about the recall and told the Kia bodyshop to look at bulk head, still haven't looked and say they know nothing about any recall. Told me to bring it in when it rains so they can see the path of the leak. Took it to garage again this morning, said again about bulkhead and recall and have told them to keep the car until it is weather-proof, don't know when i'll get it back! Can you give me any more details about the recall or where i can find any more info on it, I really don't see that i should pay for these repairs but i think i'm going to have a battle on my hands. Hope you can help, thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts