Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only had it 4 weeks, it’s new

not only did the fuel gauge go yesterday but today I went to get my coat out of the boot and it was wet through. The boot is wet too
Hood Grille Automotive design Sleeve Automotive tire
Hood Grille Automotive design Sleeve Automotive tire

not a happy bunny !
Earliest they can book me a pool car is 11th October

·
Super Moderator
2020 Sportage GT-Line CRDi
2,202 Posts
That sounds like you may have a boot door that is not closing properly. However given the other issue you had with the 48V battery charging, I would suggest you may want to pull the floor out and lift the foam padding to reveal the battery. It may be the water has got in there. (Photo's are from my car). I fear you may be headed for a car rejection.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. Was 30 days old yesterday and reading up I can reject it but suggests giving them chance to fix as you have 6 months and can still reject it.
🤞 they sort it. Disappointing when you pay £25k for a new car

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Sorry to hear of your problems.
Admin "MIGHT" move this to the 2019 Sportage (Gen 4) forum, as I understood this to be for the new 5th Gen Sportage, which not yet on sale in UK.
But, yes take it up with your dealer, especially if there has been water infiltration into the battery compartment - it may be BELOW the battery causing unforeseen problems for the future.
Hope you get it resolved satisfactorily - Ensure you are able to see how much and where the water has gone.
Any suspicion that water has ingressed INTO the battery pack and I'd be tempted to reject.

·
Super Moderator
6,263 Posts
Sorry to hear of your problems.
Admin "MIGHT" move this to the 2019 Sportage (Gen 4) forum, as I understood this to be for the new 5th Gen Sportage, which not yet on sale in UK.
But, yes take it up with your dealer, especially if there has been water infiltration into the battery compartment - it may be BELOW the battery causing unforeseen problems for the future.
Hope you get it resolved satisfactorily - Ensure you are able to see how much and where the water has gone.
Any suspicion that water has ingressed INTO the battery pack and I'd be tempted to reject.
Nope it's in the correct forum.
Gen 5 is 2021+

My guess is that the wet boot is the issue that has caused the problem with the fuel reading.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Nope it's in the correct forum.
Gen 5 is 2021+

My guess is that the wet boot is the issue that has caused the problem with the fuel reading.
HI iooi

Isn't GEN 5 the new model due to hit the streets next year.

Reactions: KevinBattle

·
Super Moderator
2020 Sportage GT-Line CRDi
2,202 Posts
Gents, I moved this thread out of the Sportage 2021+ (or Gen 5 if you like) almost as soon as it was started. Unfortunately the way the forum works when a thread is moved it leaves a timed link in the original section, which eventually disappears. This thread is in the correct section and the link has now disappeared. Thank you for your time.

·
Super Moderator
6,263 Posts
HI iooi

Isn't GEN 5 the new model due to hit the streets next year.
Yep. Hence the 2021+ (y)

Kia seem to often be a year ahead with their cars. So many people getting a new car now will have the 2022 spec.. Crazy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts