Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to bring to peoples attention the fantastic service i got from John Burke at Westdrive in Braintree in Essex.I ordered a Kia Sportage KX3 Satnav 2.0 CRDi on the 7th January and collected it 14th January all ready for me to drive away.

John emailed me every day to give me an update on what was happening to the car, fantastic service

Mike

Edited by: sportage1973

·
Registered
29 Posts
The sales team are good at Westdrive, it's a shame that the service manager (Simon) lets them down. I spoke to them him times about the hestitation on my Venga and got the standard "they all do that". Told them that Kia were working on an ECU update and was politely told that wasn't true !!

Kia have just realised a software update for the Venga ECU...........

·
Registered
1 Posts
I wouldn't touch this garage again with a barge pole. I ordered a new car which after 2 months with no communication they finally returned my call and said they couldn't supply it. I agreed to a different colour which I collected yesterday after 4 months. I don't mind the waiting but the salesman never returned our calls, he was dismissive when I called in for an update, and I found the sales manager very patronising and rude. Will be going to Colchester kia in future for the servicing etc where at least they are courteous.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Second new car bought from them perfect all the way as is there services and the warranty sorted out problems that occurred with my old last car no problem love my new rio2 upgraded to leather brilliant job privacy glass darker than standard rio3 17 " alloys very nice upgrade smart guard applied too .i can't fault them one bit would buy again without hesitation .want the proceed gt next or sportage love the whole range now it's all been updated

·
Registered
47 Posts
Due to my own dealership seriously lacking I used the services of Westdrive of Braintree recently and was very very pleased with the support I received for my year old Sorento.. Andrew Peck the aftersales manager and his staff could not be faulted, the premises and efficiency were spot on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought a second hand Cee'd 1.6 CRDi 3 5d, 2009 (facelifted version), from this dealer at the beginning of the year. It's not my nearest Kia dealer (that would be Gatwick), but it was the location of the car I was interested in buying.

I too was very impressed with the overall experience. On initial viewing, I found the car to have a few minor cosmetic defects - standard stuff really, alloys a bit scuffed, a few tiny dents / scratches in the paintwork. These points were noted, and taken care of without question.
Everything was explained, all options for extras were covered. The car when I went to collect it was absolutely spotless inside and out - it looked brand new.
The salesman was courteous and friendly. And I got a followup phone call two weeks after collecting the car to check everything was okay with it.

So initial impressions were very good!

·
Registered
33 Posts
just brought a new sportage from Westdrive and they were great. Kept me informed of progressed, did everything I asked and gave me a good deal. The car had some scuff marks on the rear light cluster and they have offered to replace. All in all good service from them.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Bought two brand new cars from them can't fault them and service packages very good .although was over charged on upgrade on alloys which was rectified and Smart Cover .paid extra but didn't cover diamond cut polished alloys which is a con got full refund .wouldnt take out Smart Cover ever again had major problems did repair but. Covered whole car in over spray nightmare to get resolved and the re application of gard x which they tried to get me to pay for ..

·
Registered
47 Posts
2nd service yesterday from Westdrive Braintree and enjoyed the usual service of excellence.. The only thing is it's too close to FreePort which cost me a fortune as my wife popped along with me.

Setting jokes aside, this dealership has got it right.Professional, accommodating and highly recommended.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Westdrive Braintree was very good with the selling of the car but after purchased I have phoned them several times and on each occasion the person I needed either sales or service was not available and I was promised a call back.

The call backs never happened anytime I left a message. They were happy to sell but the immediate follow up was very bad. I was interested in some extras but they will not have my business now. I felt like they had my money and that was that.

Edited by: littlemoney

·
Registered
1 Posts
all i can say, is if you have your car serviced here, take it away and get it checked out by another garage. was told it needed some (rather expensive) work doing to it, took it to two other garages and found out theres nothing wrong with it. The first response, after seeing garage number 2, from kia was that they had taken photos of the damaged part, so i asked for the photos to be emailed to me, only to be emailed a report, which had nothing but 'the report has been sent back to the dealer'. Garage 3 said exactly the same as garage two. Nothing wrong apart from the air conditioning belt was slightly cracked ( where kia told me all 3 drive belts needed changing, to the tune of £90, air con £300 +). Second response from this garage ' we are sorry if there has been work identified as needing doing, which doesnt'. All i can say is thank you to the guys from Halfords for giving me the rights results, as the work, if it needed doing would have been carried out there.Also, check if you have taken out their service scheme. Its supposed to be 0% but its not, i added up the figures before i took it out, and they were charging about £40 more for the pleasure of having it. When i pointed this out, the reply ' i dont know how that happened'.
How many more people are they going to rip off with this scheme, as the price per month seems really good, until you actually sit down and work it out.
Lets just say, i have now cancelled my service plan, and will be taking my car to one of the other two garages i went to, who told the truth about the car ( could have quite easily lied to get the work, but they didnt) and i will NEVER be taking my car back to Westdrive. Apart from that, instead of making up things wrong with my car, they actually missed that the rubber on the link rods were broken, which the lovely guys at sts tyres pointed out ( yes this garage also told me i needed new discs and breaks, so double checked it, as they told m this 2 yrs ago about my back breaks, got them changed elsewhere, only to find out, after they were done, that the discs did NOT need changing. They were right this time, but not with the urgency that they said over the phone. If my memory serves right they quoted me over £300 to do this job as well.

I am taking this higher up, but i dont really expect to get any decent response from this garage. If they dont get your money, they just dont care.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Welcome Sue.
You can't be to carefully, some garages are just after your money.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
It seems they were trying to rip you off with that service plan.

We have Care3 plans on both my wife's Picanto and my Cee'd and they both give us good savings over the 3 years, especially as the consumables are included in the cost. An extra bonus is that the insurance for the loan car is covered also. So far it has been win-win for both cars. I will certainly look at extending the plans when our respective 3 years are up.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just purchased a year old Sportage 4 from here and have to say they have been very good so far. I noticed the spare wheel had been used (scratched) when I picked it up and they replaced under warranty. Also switched the rear wiper blade as this had fallen apart on first use. Both were replaced the next week after I picked up the car. Really pleased so far.

Should also add that I always received a call back when I left a message.
Edited by: domb84

·
Registered
94 Posts
domb84 said:
Should also add that I always received a call back when I left a message.
You had better luck than I did then. They never called me back and I left a number of messages either asking questions or requsting information.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Got to say after the initial sale things got a lot worse (unsurprisingly). I took the car back to get looked at for a couple of things. Firstly the handbrake was loose to the point that it would roll back, secondly there was some scraping from the brakes. I was hoping these would get sorted under warranty as it had been less than 3 months since I purchased the car. The discs looked overly corroded to me. Was told over the phone that worse case would be £28 I think to have the disks skimmed if it's just a bit of surface rust, including getting the hand brake tightened. I was very clear and checked this would include ALL the required work. Thought that was ok if it wasn't covered by warranty. Got up there (its an hours drive which I didn't mind seeing that theres the shopping centre) and they wanted to charge me tripple that once the work was done. Had an incredibly rude teenager on the service desk who was arguing with me that I hadn't been told XYZ on the phone. Ended up meeting in the middle on the work but I won't be going back up there. I'll find a closer authorised dealer.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts