Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its bloody impressive Davy,it really does have a massive spec. The only thing that lets it down is just the one engine choice, 1.7 CRDI. North America get a 2.4 l petrol and a 2.0l petrol turbo LOL

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No there aint, spoke to the dealer and its all to do with people wanting economy in the UK now etc, etc. Bollocks I say and lets of the tubby LOL. Might give ya Busa a run for its money......or maybe not LOL.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Don't know, my lower spec passat was £22k and that was a crock of $hit! Cost a fortune to keep on the road and that was back in 2005. VAT's gone up, fuel and steel prices ect. It it's of good quality, costs the same and has 7 instead of 3yr warranty, I can see Kia taking a lot of custom from the usuall suspects.
The car in the pics that they tested looked the highest spec, auto and diesel so I think it's sure to say that's going to be the £25k one. Minus £1000 for a petrol, another £800 for manual box. And huge discounts for lower spec models. At a guess I would say the 1.6 petrol for the hybrid version????

·
Registered
65 Posts
My dealership is getting an OPTIMA 1 delivered this week in silver

4 specs plus manual and auto

optima 1 - 19595

optima 2 Luxe - 21695

optima 2 Luxe Auto - 23195

Optima 2 Tech -21695

optima 2 Tech Auto -23195

optima 3 - 24495

optima 3 Auto - 25995

Before people start slating the prices then do the comparisons to the competitors ie

ford mondeo

vw passat

vauxhall insignia

toyota avensis

and i mean compare like for like specs and costs RFL Economy etc taking in to account the 7 year warranty aswell

·
Registered
536 Posts
Well I can safely say the VW passat will be £35k for the same spec 3auto. They give you a basic spec and every single option is a fortune. Who's even doing to compare it to an insignia when even the Astra GTE is more expensive and ugly as hell. Personally I think with the spec level and price, only citroen and Peugeot are going to come close to what Kia are offering. Althought by comparison the 508 and C5 are no where near as desirable.

·
Registered
536 Posts
AND.... Vauxhall's "lifetime warranty"is 100,000 miles, like Kias, although for anyone buying a new Vauxhall, the company is trumpeting its new "lifetime" warranty. Faults advertising if you ask me

But, in addition to the mileage condition, which for a driver covering 400 miles per week is only five years, there's a more insidious part to the small print.

The warranty is available only to the first owner.

So, those who purchase a pre-registered car (a trick used by manufacturers to boost their sales figures by having dealers formally purchase cars at a discount, then selling the cars as technically used even though they may have been driven for only a dozen miles or so) the warranty does not apply. Nor does it apply to anyone who buys a car from a leasing company at the end of an agreement even though many leased vehicles have very low use.

And, of course, it does not cover any second or subsequent buyer who purchases a car from a dealer who has taken it in part exchange or from a private seller.

It's a great marketing gimmick but of no use in the second hand car market. Making your car harder to sell if the Kia alternative has ballance of warranty for the 2nd owner.

That, of itself, does not matter to Vauxhall - but it does matter to their dealers who, in a few months time, are going to have to start telling customers interested in a trade in that the advertised benefits are not available to them. And annoyed customers might just go somewhere else.

AND to kick you well and truly between the legs you are legally binded to have your car servised by...you guessed it...Vauxhall Authorised Repairer's......AKA the dealer!
Edited by: RichieD76

1 - 14 of 14 Posts