Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went in to Kia (Wessex) Cardiff dealer yesterday for my 3 year (6th) service and first MOT of my Stinger Petrol 2 litre.

Since the service was Kia (EMaC administered) this were done as normal but the "Free MOT for Life" I was forced to buy from Wessex Newport three years ago was refused and I had to pay £45 for it!

Just confirms what I always thought - never trust dealer promises/contracts when a simple change of ownership can ditch the lot!

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Went in to Kia (Wessex) Cardiff dealer yesterday for my 3 year (6th) service and first MOT of my Stinger Petrol 2 litre.

Since the service was Kia (EMaC administered) this were done as normal but the "Free MOT for Life" I was forced to buy from Wessex Newport three years ago was refused and I had to pay £45 for it!

Just confirms what I always thought - never trust dealer promises/contracts when a simple change of ownership can ditch the lot!
Thanks for the heads up on this.. have had to deal with the Cardiff workshop in the past in my Fiat ownership days and found them cr4p in many ways.. also had similar reports about Griffin mill Ponypridd as well .. all my services on my latest Venga have been done by the latter..4 stamps .. I am in the process of trying to get in touch with the previous owner to see what he can tell me about my car and what if anything has been done via warranty claims..

·
Registered
963 Posts

I have been saying for years that dealer based service or in your case MOT plans are too risky to buy, work colleague paid £1300 for a 3 year on on his Volvo and only a month later the garage went bust and the company that took over the business would not honour the deal. Nothing he could do lost the money, had to pay again.

In his case he paid cash (bank transfer actually) but if he had paid by credit card he would probably have got the money back. If you paid by card I suggest you approach the provider and open a case.

We have had service plans on our last 4 cars but all have been the genuine manufacturers plan (even though the dealer insists theirs are better) but when we got the Kia the plan offered was clearly not Kia one and at £23 a month for 48 months would have cost us over £400 more than we paid individually for services and MOT's at the same garage.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts