Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.
I have just taken delivery of my new Ceed. The only thing that's bugging me is the melody (music) which plays as you enter and leave the car, it's really annoying and I can't find a way to turn it off.
Other postings have said it's in the Sound settings, but its not...Any suggestions.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi

It can be disabled through the car’s menu. Mind, this needs to be done through the buttons and switches on the steering wheel in the small screen between the dials and not in the head-unit.

There is an option to select sound and disable the annoying start-up melody :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply. I have been through all the options on those settings, but none refer to sounds. I think it may be a job for the dealership.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Thanks for your reply. I have been through all the options on those settings, but none refer to sounds. I think it may be a job for the dealership.
How old is your car Emsee?

I have a ceed 19 plate and the setting to turn off the melody is in the sounds section on the small centre display not the Nav display, using the

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's new (December 2019). There doesn't seem to be a sounds option on that display.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Chappie for taking the trouble of posting the pics. However, I do not have these same options.
I visited the dealership earlier and they confirm that it is NOT possible to turn off these irritating and totally unnecessary sounds on the latest version. (Mine is 2 weeks old.)
Looks like I'll have to learn to live with it!
Thanks again.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Well that's bit of a bummer you cant turn it off, personally it doesn't bother me but I understand that it would annoy some people.

Apologies for the size of the photo's they didn't look that big on my mobile ???

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks Chappie for taking the trouble of posting the pics. However, I do not have these same options.
I visited the dealership earlier and they confirm that it is NOT possible to turn off these irritating and totally unnecessary sounds on the latest version. (Mine is 2 weeks old.)
Looks like I'll have to learn to live with it!
Thanks again.
Might be worthwhile getting in touch with the dealership again, I picked up my 69 plate on the 27th Feb 2020 and it had the option to disable was there as shown by Chappie.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the reply. My Ceed does not have the settings option quoted by Chappie. This has been confirmed by the dealership. To quote the service manager "The bad news is you can't turn it off, the good news is you get used to it."
I have now had the car for two and a half months and I still find it annoying.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts