Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi… i have a kio 2012 1.25
When i m in neutral and i accelerate at 2000 rpm (no more no less) i have a weird engine vibration.. if rpm goes up or down this vibration disappear.. is that normal? Some one else got the same issue?

·
Registered
803 Posts
I am not au fait with your engine but does it have a cam chain or cambelt ?

Depends what sort of vibration it is - a couple of times I had quite horrendous sounding noises coming from heat shields - once it was a steering rack heat shield which had been bent out of shape by a garage whilst doing a job on the car.
The most recent one was the heavy duty heat shield on the catalytic converter (2005 Grand Vitara original Jap shield so quite heavy metal shields).
Another possibility might be exhaust rubbing or exhaust heat shield but heat shield noises would probably also be audible at the resonant frequency whilst driving.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Hi… i have a kio 2012 1.25
When i m in neutral and i accelerate at 2000 rpm (no more no less) i have a weird engine vibration.. if rpm goes up or down this vibration disappear.. is that normal? Some one else got the same issue?
Late reply but this is normal for the 1.25. I've driven five cars with this engine now and all of them have this exact vibration at that exact rev range. As stated I believe it is just a resonance at that speed but once the engine has a load and the car is moving it is no longer detectable. I think many modern engines have this same characteristic - I've read about it even on BMW forums.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts