Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I have a 2011 Pro_Cee'd and lately i've been experiencing something weird.

When in FM mode, only front speakers work. When i adjust the fader to Rear speakers only, they don't work and there's a very muted sound coming out of the front ones.

However,

when i connect my phone in AUX mode, all speakers seem to working perfectly, and when i set the fader to rear speakers, they do indeed switch the sound to rear speakers.

So with that being said, i'm confused. It doesn't sound like a fuse problem or a problem with the speakers, since they work in AUX mode. The user manual doesn't cover this issue and i've had tough luck finding something similar on Google.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Speculating here but it seems to me that there must be separate pre-amplifiers (or separate pre-amp inputs) for the feed to the rear speaker power stage and the one fed from the radio is busted.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Welcome to the Forum,

It is an odd Fault. I would have expected Left and Right to come from each Audio Source and the Front/Rear to be controlled by a single Circuit within the Radio.
Out of interest, have you tried a CD and the USB Port?

I strongly suspect a fault within the Radio and it will need replacing if you don't want to live with the problem.
There are options/kits available to replace with Aftermarket (Kenwood, Sony, etc).

You could try would be to remove the 'Room' Fuse for 30 Mins
Open the Drivers Door and you will see a Fuse Cover on the end of the Dashboard. Remove the Fuse with the Yellow box around it.
If not joy, try removing the Battery Negative for 30 Mins.
The Radio is powered all the time to keep your Radio Stations. The above should make it do a full restart. (Yes I am in IT :geek:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts