Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving along yesterday listening to the radio, decided to listen to a CD which was already inserted. Selected the CD button and the LED displayed "READING .....". Never went away. Tried to eject the CD but it didn't. Had been listening to the same CD the previous day.

From then on, the volume control played up. Turning the volume control resulted in random changes or no change to the volume.

Decided to try reset the CD player. Did this by removing the memory fuze (actually a double fuze down by the drivers side kick panel). Waited 30 seconds, and reinserted the fuze, and the CD popped out of the player. Put the radio code back in, and the volume control functioned correctly.

Put another CD in (thinking the other CD may have been scrached etc.) and the same thing happened (i.e. could not read/eject and the volume control was stuffed).

I think the CD player is stuffed, anyone got any clues on what the problem might be?

·
Registered
328 Posts
I have only had this issue once.

I kept pressing and releasing the eject button then eventually the cd started to eject then load repeatedly.

Eventually I got the cd out of the unit.

The cd was a home burnt cd with a label.

I wont be using that cd again !

I have had a few oddities with the mp3 player as well but I have found that the memory stick HAS to be de-fragmented by windows for the files to exist correctly (not in parts spread across the memory stick) for the mp3 player to play ok.

·
Registered
33 Posts
diddy1234 said:
I found that the memory stick HAS to be de-fragmented by windows for the files to exist correctly (not in parts spread across the memory stick) for the mp3 player to play ok.

Cheers for the tip, will make sure that I do this when I get mine... Ta.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Most in car mp3 players suffer the same problem.

Also over time memory sticks get a lot of abuse with people adding and removing music.

So the overall tendency is for the file system on the memory stick to become fragmented and instead of each song / file being complete this gets split over time and before you know it the mp3 player either locks up or it cannot seek through songs or skip to the next song.

It is not the memory stick or the person at fault, its mainly to do with the file system on these memory sticks.
unfortunately the mp3 players only see this file system and not others.

I hope I have not been too technical.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts