Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, I have a 2009 Sorento XE-C Diesel Manual, I've now covered 63k in just under two years, it has been dealer serviced from day one, and I have to say that the Sorento has given me noissues and the dealer has been reasonably good,but for the last few thousand miles its devloped the most anoying noise when ever I decelerate. Like all noises, its very difficult to describe, but it does not do it going up through the gears when you lift, but whilst maintaing any steady speed from 40mph upwards 50, 55, 60mph and if you lift the pedal slightly, it makes this stupid sucking/grating noise???
I have emptied every single item out of the vehicle, and it makes no difference, it will not do it when stationary, but will do it whilst driving and under load. I am 99.9% sure its not suspension related, it seems to be connected in someway to the accelorator pedal. this all looks as though its fly by wire, so what the hell can it be?

The noise seems to be coming from the drivers side bulkhead and its driving me mad. you can hear it inside and outside of the car, its that load!

Please can someone help??

·
Registered
9 Posts
I bought my second sedona with a damaged gearbox,fine up through the gears but when u lift it make that kinda noise,does it grind if you knock it into netural? mine is the lay shaft bearing,but just swapping the gearbox over from my older kia the now.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
can't say that I have tried putting into netural, i'll give it a go to see if it still happens,

Thanks for your feedback.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quick update, My Sorento is currently at the Dealer's awaiting parts. They think my issue is Turbo related, Kia have passed it for Warranty so I will just have to wait and see if it cures the noise.I have to say the dealer in question have been brilliant, (EMG Kings Lynn, Norfolk) sorting me out with a loan vehicle as they have had the Sorento for a few days tracing the problem. They have kept me informed almost on a daily basis and I should get it back on Monday. So fingers crossed, it will beannoyingnoise free, Ill let you know!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bad news, Itdidn't work, new turbo fitted, but still makes the noise, awaiting feedback from Kia.Think I am going to go mad if its not soon fixed???

Just in case anyone is interested!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts