Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should I think about waxing my soul before the cold/winter comes?

Been a while since I owned a new car normally just wash and run over with a little polish but felt I should spend some time on the new girl at the weekend.

Can anyone recommend a good wax?Meguiars and Dodo are two I have heard but never used Turtle wax from the good old days seems not to get a mention

·
Registered
283 Posts
There are several stages of preparing your paint for the winter but if you are content witha wash and then waxing then Meguire's Gold class takes some beating and is dead easy to use.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
anchorman said:
There are several stages of preparing your paint for the winter but if you are content witha wash and then waxing then Meguire's Gold class takes some beating and is dead easy to use.

Sorry to be so blonde but could you list all the stages...i normally would build up layers of polish and then wax but time is pressing.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Polish is what takes out scratches and dead paint and gives it a shine. Wax is what protects the paint. So you build up with waxesto give good protection in winter times.
Some polishes have a wax content but its best to use a carnauba wax as final protection.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
You should see my paintwork on the Tempest, you would all have a fit. It's covered in seagull crap ,sand,a surface covering like grease which is all from being 400 yards from the sea . I am going to take it to the local east european car wash,are they everwhere ? , and get it cleaned tommorrow. I have only a car park space now to park in and cannot do much cleaning myself so it's all down to the car wash.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
What a friendly area I have moved into,I have an invatation from the local plod to let him know that I was driving the soul in a 30mph zone at 38mph. The seagulls have been having a game to see who could crap the most on the car overnight ,my nieghbour says "wait until the spring it gets worse" o joy. Good morning however at least I have not washed the soul yet ,have I done the right thing moving to the seaside ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts