Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, and a big thank you for several tips I've already picked up on this site.

At long last I got my clutch and half the rest of the gubbins around that area replaced on my 2005 Sedona 2.9 LE (manual box), and at great cost as I'm not much of a mechanic.

Since the garage did this my speedo is playing up, waving up and down randomly and rarely reaching the actual speed I'm travelling at. For those with Android phones a very useful app is SpeedHud with which I have been been checking.

The garage is of the opinion that either the sensor or the speedo itself could be at fault but seems a bit suspicious to me as this has only occured since the work they did.
I'm thinking that hopefully they've just missed a connection somewhere.

Is there a way for me to check this? Like first question. Where is the sensor?!!!!!

Any help much appreciated as after the clutch episode I'm somewhat skint.

Cheers
Paul

·
Registered
190 Posts
My speedo packed up about a year ago (02 sedona) and it turned out to be the sensor, located on the clutch housing area and held in by a 10mm bolt if I remember correctly. Take off the air filter box and it's located close to the gear linkages. I got a sensor from a breakers for a tenner.

I don't know if theres any way to check the sensor is working or not so you may just have to take a chance and buy one and hope.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts