Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm fuming

I've agreed a service plan last month with the above dealer and paid the first instalment.

So today I decided to call them and book my service, was suprised when I got to the website and they are now in administration.

Grrrr What to do. I want my money or an alternative dealer where to go to.

David
Edited by: pirespt

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hopefully you paid by credit card. If you did then :-

Contact your provider ASAP and ask for the payment to be put into 'dispute'. It will ensure the amountis immediately frozen, therefore it cannot accrue any interest charges whilst the matter is being resolved. Don't be fobbed off the the initial customer service rep you speak to as this can happen. Your provider will have a disputes dept. specifically dealing with matters of this nature.
In my experience you can dispute a payment of any amount as the provider usually does it on a goodwill basis, though it becomes legally enforced by the consumer credit act 1974 if over £100.

<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><O:p>They may ask you to send them something to show that the company is in administration. Administrators for the company usually publish something like a ""letter to customers""� on the website of the company concerned which you can print-off and send to your provider. But if you can't find anything to use, the provider can check a company's status themselves, so simply insist that they do some work!

Claiming under the "CHARGEBACK" route :-

All Visa debit cards, Visa credit cards (when Section 75 does not apply)

Prepaid Visas or Visa Electons are part of the Visa chargeback scheme.

Mastercard credit cards (when Section 75 does not apply) are covered by Mastercard's chargeback scheme.

Switch and JCB have their own chargeback schemes.

What you should do now:-

Contact your card provider - i.e. the bank or company NOT Visa or Mastercard. Tell them you want to ""dispute a transaction""� and make a claim under the chargeback scheme. As with Section 75, they may need something to show that the company is in administration -providers will usually only give you 120 days from when you discovered there was a problem to make a claim, so the quicker you start the process the better.</O:p>

Edited by: belgrave

·
Registered
437 Posts
If the service plan was through e-mac and not the dealer itself (E-Mac will show on bank statement) then your money is safe. You will need to contact them and arrange with another dealer who use e-mac (most do) to set up a transfer. There may be a charge of about £20 though.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks to both

1- It was via debit card so I'll call the bank now. Need to get used to pay by Credit Card.

2- Called Kia UK and this very helpful lady told me that I couldn't transfer the service plan as this offered by the dealer itself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts