Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
I've used a couple of the waterless wash and waxes and found they were expensive and scratched my black ar even know they said they were not ment too I would stay clear from them IMO.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I was waiting for you to name some brands...well as you can see from my signature i own a valeting company....so i do not endorse this type of product.

In Australia/California where it was started years ago it works as the cars are only dusty not dirty.

I was emigrating to Perth and preliminary bought two ECO franchises, so had first hand experience for 3 weeks on thier course.

We are in rural Ireland, and if you tried it here, it would take a litre to clean an average car, if you can call it clean...and damage the paint..irrespective of all the bullsh*t that comes with it.

We have used several of the products here, Freedom, Grease Lightening, SmartWax One and Proshine.

I believe Proshine and Grease Lightening are the same product but with different scent.

I find the product is a quick way of topping up your car after it is washed, as it covers the glass/rubbers/plastics etc in one go and leaves a nice finish as if you had used a paint sealant.

I have a black carnival and tried it on the rear quarter panel when it was dirty, and boy was it hard work to get the crap off without causing scratches.

I clay my vehicle so i have no swirl marks, but i now with regular use these products will cause this problem....

Ok, guys shoot me down,..but this is my feelings

Taff

·
Registered
Picanto 1.0T GDi GT-Line
1,210 Posts
I've seen the adverts on theJML tv thing with Tiff Needell and of course it looks good. Not going to sell much if it scratches the paintwork in front of the camera, but I do agree with Dano. I like to see the dirt on my car washed off and in the bucket or on the drive. Call me old fashioned!

·
Registered
543 Posts
I've used greased lighting & pro shine and your right it's the same !
You do the same as me clay kits are fantastic and much longer lasting than the waterless stuff . It's just expensive rubbish really but is great on glass and that's all !

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Never tried these waterless cleaning but I wouldn't think they would be good here. If its dust on the car yes those microfibre cloths would be ok but if its road dirt then you've got to use a detergent and water.. But I find a Brillo pad works wonders too especially on a "Pan" European get it

·
Registered
Picanto 1.0T GDi GT-Line
1,210 Posts
davy said:
But I find a Brillo pad works wonders too especially on a "Pan" European get it
*GROAN* Get your coat davy!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just doesn't seem right to me.
You can't clean a car without water.

You can't clean your socks and undercrackers with fabreeze either.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well, call me old fashioned, but the only way to clean a car is hose off, wash, rinse, leather off and polish once a month. Or is it because I just enjoy doing it?
Paul

·
Registered
543 Posts
Don't be ashamed Paul I do the same but don't use shammies anymore I found they scratched :( I use a microfibre towel now there fab and cheap too I got it from asda for £2 it's the same size as a medium size bath towel .

·
Registered
564 Posts
Yeh, I'll second that. Microfibre towels are brilliant. Leathers are redundant.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I purchased a Meguires waffle towel, a little pricey but leaves few if any streaks (blessing on my black paint)
And fascinating as it doesn't seem to ever require wringing out!!!!

But yes, I agree, I have a boot load of micro fibre cloths in my boot.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Just turn your pants round and then inside out 4 days :-/

Yep I wash the car dry with waffle towel from maguairs and then use Showroom Shine. Works a treat ant their tyre shine is good too even on plastic trim!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts